2021 C Adama Sanogo

1 minute ago, HuskerPower #nato73 said:

I never thought about having a second favorite team.  You can do that?  I thought I just had to get groin kicked by my one favorite team for the rest of my life. 😉

Haha blame the Pepsi Co back in the 90s when they put college teams under the bottle caps. 1995 I got UCONN so I cheered for them to win but they lost but Rebecca Lobo won that year for the girls. So ever since I have watched UCONN men's and women's religiously since. Its a busy year watching Nebr and UCONN men's and women's games all year. My Calendar is usually just loaded with basketball games to watch hahaha.

11 hours ago, colhusker said:

The OWH strikes yet again. Heady turning into the next Dirky C

Not sure if you're joking but reading this piece in a vacuum it reads as a pro-Nebraska piece that illustrates how the Huskers can be successful without a traditional center.

11 hours ago, coughunter said:

To think a college recruit decided to not go to a school cause of a reporter is absurd. 

Recruits pick schools or don't pick schools for absurd reasons all the time.  Doubtful it was the deciding factor but it seems pretty plausible that Kenya still keeps tabs on Nebraska and used that information to fine tune the sell of why to not go to Nebraska. 

34 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Not sure if you're joking but reading this piece in a vacuum it reads as a pro-Nebraska piece that illustrates how the Huskers can be successful without a traditional center.

Recruits pick schools or don't pick schools for absurd reasons all the time.  Doubtful it was the deciding factor but it seems pretty plausible that Kenya still keeps tabs on Nebraska and used that information to fine tune the sell of why to not go to Nebraska. 

Again if thats the pitch and the reason a recruit chooses that school then bye

1 hour ago, HuskerPower #nato73 said:

I never thought about having a second favorite team.  You can do that?  I thought I just had to get groin kicked by my one favorite team for the rest of my life. 😉

I imagine there are a lot of fans on here that have a second team.  I don't for basketball, but I do for football.  I grew up a rabid Notre Dame football fan.  When I attended UNL I jumped fully onboard with all other sports, particularly basketball and baseball.  But for football I've just never been as passionate for Nebraska, since I already had a team to obsess over.  Nebraska is clearly my secondary football team, which is good because I don't get nearly as worked up over their many failings over the past fifteen years.

14 hours ago, colhusker said:

The OWH strikes yet again. Heady turning into the next Dirky C

Pretty unfair. I read all his articles re: Husker b-ball. He’s very neutral, if not, pro -husker. Listen to his podcast as well. Good reporter IMO. If an article caused a recruit to change schools, he was never ‘N’ in the first place. 

Even if the article didn't exist, UCONN could show a recruit film of Hoiberg's ISU teams and just tell the kid the same thing. And beyond that, if a recruit has a good relationship with our staff, this would be pretty easy to clear up, "I know UCONN told you I don't like to use a traditional 5, but here is how I see you fitting in". 

No, you are all buying into the wrong conspiracy theory. The Hurley family poached Nebraska again. They've all been out to get us since that Bob Hurley Sr. recruit left NU.               https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/loyalty-to-hurleys-leads-nu-assistant-burno-to-take-sun/article_c6abe69e-21a0-11e5-9c64-fbb46140b012.html         

1 hour ago, jimmykc said:

Just for my own information, I vaguely remember we once had a player who came from Bob Sr's St. Anthony program. Does anyone else recall this or is it just another Nyquil hallucination?

https://huskers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/tarin-smith/9865

We beat out a bunch of schools, including URI, for him.  Hmmm, do you suppose he brought some bad juju to that game in 2014??

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/article/boys-basketball-tarin-smith-of-st-anthony-commits-to-nebraska/

St. Anthony point guard Tarin Smith verbally committed to the University of Nebraska Monday.

The 6-2 Smith had more than 10 offers including St. Joseph’s and Delaware. Notre Dame, Providence, Creighton and Rhode Island were among the others who were recruiting Smith, who was offered by Nebraska earlier this month. Smith made the announcement this morning on Twitter.

This season, Smith averaged 13.8 points per game to help lead St. Anthony to a 25-5 record and fourth consecutive NJSIAA North Jersey, Non-Public B championship before losing to Roselle Catholic, 60-57, in Saturday's state final. Smith was also a starter on the 2012-13 St. Anthony team, which went 28-2.

Edited by 49r

On 5/6/2020 at 8:28 AM, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Haha blame the Pepsi Co back in the 90s when they put college teams under the bottle caps. 1995 I got UCONN so I cheered for them to win but they lost but Rebecca Lobo won that year for the girls. So ever since I have watched UCONN men's and women's religiously since. Its a busy year watching Nebr and UCONN men's and women's games all year. My Calendar is usually just loaded with basketball games to watch hahaha.

For this very reason, I was a HUGE Utah Utes fan in the spring of 1998. I was 11 years old and my parents made me go to bed at halftime of the championship game, with Utah leading by ten! When I awoke the next morning my dad told me Kentucky had come back to win. At first I didn't believe him, but I was absolutely heartbroken when Sportscenter supported his claim. I remember a classmate saying, "I knew he'd be mad today." when I was clearly in a bad mood that day. All because I wasn't getting a Mountain Dew hat that I probably would have worn once or twice.

Recruits may want to stay closer to home given the pandemic we are facing too. I'm sure Holberg's supposed philosophy was used against him, but to be honest Ouedraougo had a few too many chances in the paint last year for my liking so I'm sure Sanogo would've seen plenty of opportunities. Hoping we didn't take his likely signing for granted.

On 5/6/2020 at 4:20 PM, jimmykc said:

Aha, it's all beginning to fit together now.        https://uconnhuskies.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/tarin-smith/9238   

Sorta impressed that Tarin Smith scored 1,000+ points in his collegiate career, after he had only averaged scoring a whooping 4.5 points at NU in his 31 Husker games as a FROSH. I still recall that beatdown Nebraska took vs Iowa on Senior Day that 2014-15 season... ufftah, that year the Cornhuskers started out as a ranked squad.

Edited by AuroranHusker

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...