2021 C Adama Sanogo

7 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Are the College Basketball reddit boards pretty decent?  I've found most reddit subs are a cesspool of ignorance.  So not sure that I'd put much weight in that.

Honestly the College Basketball subreddit is pretty good.  They have managed to maintain civil discourse there, unlike College Football which is pretty bad...but that's mostly due to the extremely high volume of users there.

I spend most of my time there on r/CollegeBasketball r/Huskers and r/MLS

Edited by 49r

5 minutes ago, 49r said:

Honestly the College Basketball subreddit is pretty good.  They have managed to maintain civil discourse there, unlike College Football which is pretty bad...but that's mostly due to the extremely high volume of users there.

I spend most of my time there on r/CollegeBasketball r/Huskers and r/MLS

Who is your MLS team?  There's only one correct answer.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Yep, I'm a big SKC supporter!

I live in KC so I go to about a dozen Sporting games a year.  Went up to Minneapolis last fall to watch them and see the new stadium up there. 👍

Nice! Unfortunately I typically only made the trip down from Omaha once or twice per year.  Actually went to my first road match against RSL for my birthday last summer.  We loved the location and moved to Utah this winter, so I was hoping to catch road matches against RSL and Colorado this season.  Obviously the 'Rona is impacting that plan though.

At risk of derailing this thread, I will say I am super bummed that it's looking more and more likely I won't get to see Pulido play in person this year.  Was really looking forward to it and I was out of town for the home opener.

And as an aside to my digression, I missed the SKC home opener because I was in Phoenix at the time...where I was able to go see Phoenix Rising play Timbers 2, a game they won 6-1.

1 hour ago, MandRHusker said:

Coach Hoiberg says we should have word on a big next week. He feels good where we stand. I assume this is Sanogo.

I really hope we land him but I'm not as optimistic as I was several weeks ago.  It feels like every team's fan base in his final six all feel confident that Sanogo will land at their school.  Yesterday the OWH put out the article below.  The timing of the article seems ironic considering what Hoiberg said today.  Myabe I'm reading too much into it but I wonder if Heady has some inside information and that Sanogo is likely going to land elsewhere.  If we find out next week that is the case, Heady looks pretty smart and can point to the article he just wrote about why we don't need a big man in Hoiberg's system - which, I actually agree with.  Anyways, I hope I'm wrong as this kid seems like the unique big that runs the court in a way that would be very conducive to Hoiberg's system.

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/plus/nebraska-basketball-doesnt-need-a-big-man-its-worked-for-fred-hoiberg-before/article_2b718a30-2f71-518f-ba93-95cebd4ca0ab.html

48 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

I really hope we land him but I'm not as optimistic as I was several weeks ago.  It feels like every team's fan base in his final six all feel confident that Sanogo will land at their school.  Yesterday the OWH put out the article below.  The timing of the article seems ironic considering what Hoiberg said today.  Myabe I'm reading too much into it but I wonder if Heady has some inside information and that Sanogo is likely going to land elsewhere.  If we find out next week that is the case, Heady looks pretty smart and can point to the article he just wrote about why we don't need a big man in Hoiberg's system - which, I actually agree with.  Anyways, I hope I'm wrong as this kid seems like the unique big that runs the court in a way that would be very conducive to Hoiberg's system.

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/plus/nebraska-basketball-doesnt-need-a-big-man-its-worked-for-fred-hoiberg-before/article_2b718a30-2f71-518f-ba93-95cebd4ca0ab.html

Robin washut seems pretty confident and he’s been ahead of every move “officially” made this entire offseason. They’ve had MA on their show several times so you have to assume there’s a strong relationship there that info may be given there. 

1 hour ago, TheKamdyMan said:

Robin washut seems pretty confident and he’s been ahead of every move “officially” made this entire offseason. They’ve had MA on their show several times so you have to assume there’s a strong relationship there that info may be given there. 

Yep.

Washut has also told the story about one of the transfers mentioning that we had a Top 50 Big man committed too.

I think Sanogo is in pretty soon.

As you mentioned, Washut has been out in front.   

1 hour ago, TheKamdyMan said:

But like @Nebrasketball1979 mentioned above, every single one of the top 6 schools in his list has a Rivals/Scout/beat writer dude (who are the Washut/Heady/whoever equivalent for them) saying the same thing about how he's a lock for whatever school they're covering.

So count me in the skeptical camp on this one until the ink dries on the LOI.

2 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

On the Half Court Press Podcast, Heady said the article was in response to fans who had been emailing him to express how badly we need Adama Sanogo and how he would help immensly in turning around our rebounding defecit. He also said that Sanogo would be a nice piece but he is not the "missing" piece and that the staff feels they have addressed their rebounding needs by bringing in B1G bodies on the wing and having Lat and Derrick Walker in addition to an older Yvan Ouedraogo. FWIW.

1 hour ago, khoock said:

On the Half Court Press Podcast, Heady said the article was in response to fans who had been emailing him to express how badly we need Adama Sanogo and how he would help immensly in turning around our rebounding defecit. He also said that Sanogo would be a nice piece but he is not the "missing" piece and that the staff feels they have addressed their rebounding needs by bringing in B1G bodies on the wing and having Lat and Derrick Walker in addition to an older Yvan Ouedraogo. FWIW.

Calling Sanogo a "nice piece" is a little bit damning with faint praise. He's more than a "nice piece." He's a top 50 player and we've never recruited one of those out of HS since the founding of Rivals.  I wouldn't call him the "missing piece" either, because that implies we're set everywhere else. We're not. And he might not be a guy who can step out and nail the 3. But he's strong and long inside, with some solid athleticism for his size, and some ability to catch and finish. He's not as raw as Yvan offensively. And I think he's more explosive. I would see him as being our Day 1 starter. That's a lot more than just being a "nice piece." That's a player who could put a couple of Ls in the W column.

20 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Calling Sanogo a "nice piece" is a little bit damning with faint praise. He's more than a "nice piece." He's a top 50 player and we've never recruited one of those out of HS since the founding of Rivals.  I wouldn't call him the "missing piece" either, because that implies we're set everywhere else. We're not. And he might not be a guy who can step out and nail the 3. But he's strong and long inside, with some solid athleticism for his size, and some ability to catch and finish. He's not as raw as Yvan offensively. And I think he's more explosive. I would see him as being our Day 1 starter. That's a lot more than just being a "nice piece." That's a player who could put a couple of Ls in the W column.

Dont shoot the messenger 

2 hours ago, Swan88 said:

I'd be interested in seeing the links from other schools to judge the nature of and basis for their optimism--if any still exists.

Here's the latest from Seton Hall's message board thread on Sanogo.

I posted this from Reddit a week or so ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/g5mndn/4_fc_adama_sanogo_announces_top_6/

Like I said then, the comments are pretty much in consensus that it's down to Seton Hall or Maryland with UConn and Pitt both having an outside shot.  Auburn and Nebraska are on the list seemingly to just round out the 6.

47 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Looks like everyone’s board is quiet, except for UCONN,  Someone posted a tweet there that seems optimistic for them today—although it’s meaning is unclear:

So......next week the announcement will be from Breidenbach?

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Adama-Sanogo-UConn-Commit-2020-Reclassify-146811815/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Adama Sanogo just verbally committed to UConn and is reclassifying to the 2020 recruiting class, he tells 247Sports.

“I picked UConn because it’s the best place for me,” Sanogo said. “I picked them because their coach uses their big man. I watched a lot of their games this year and I liked how they played their big men.”

Sanogo, a 6-foot-9, 250-pound post prospect out of Elizabeth (N.J.) The Patrick School, picked Dan Hurley’s program over Maryland, Nebraska, Seton Hall and a host of other high major schools.