2021 C Adama Sanogo

On 4/13/2020 at 11:07 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Here's another good video of a Patrick School game feat. Sanogo, Zarik Nutter and Jonathan Kuminga (among others):

Yeesh.  Sanogo is a freakishly skilled player.  Phenomenal instincts on both ends.  Great passer.  Great feet.  Clearly through the roof IQ and highly coachable.  He was running the offense from the block.  

Day 1 starter at the 5 if we nab him.  

42 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

If this is true does this make Hoiberg go hard after another big man even if he thinks Sanogo ultimately signs later in the summer?

I think they probably leave a spot for him and if he goes elsewhere, it would be available for a mid-season transfer or a guy who happens to come available after Sanogo makes his call.

26 minutes ago, LK1 said:

He's probably waiting to see if there is going to be a college basketball season.  

That was my initial thought as well but having thought about it, I don't think that is going to be a determining factor.  Hypothetically, if he reclassifies to 2020 and the 2020-2021 season is cancelled, he's still a freshman when the 2021-2022 season starts.  A cancelled season simply means he gets an extra year of free room and board,  gets a year's worth of classes under his belt, and gets the likely benefit of using the basketball facilities and weight room while maintaining his 4 years of eligibility.  And, if the college season is cancelled, i suspect most high school seasons will be as well.

Perhaps he's just debating whether or not he wants to skip a year of high school and leave his family and friends a year early.

3 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

That was my initial thought as well but having thought about it, I don't think that is going to be a determining factor.  Hypothetically, if he reclassifies to 2020 and the 2020-2021 season is cancelled, he's still a freshman when the 2021-2022 season starts.  A cancelled season simply means he gets an extra year of free room and board,  gets a year's worth of classes under his belt, and gets the likely benefit of using the basketball facilities and weight room while maintaining his 4 years of eligibility.  And, if the college season is cancelled, i suspect most high school seasons will be as well.

Perhaps he's just debating whether or not he wants to skip a year of high school and leave his family and friends a year early.

I doubt the friends and family play much of a role.  He’s played at a couple different prep schools over the last few years so he’s not living with family and isn’t playing consistently with the same teammates. 

I’d be willing to guess the only reason he’s waiting is to make sure he can reclassify without having to take the tests normally required. There isn’t a bunch of info yet for guys like him and the NCAA has more pressing matters. Once there’s a definitive answer one way or the other I’d expect a swift process, especially if he can move up. 

5 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I think they probably leave a spot for him and if he goes elsewhere, it would be available for a mid-season transfer or a guy who happens to come available after Sanogo makes his call.

This could actually work in our favor, as other schools might not want to wait for him.

Just now, hal9000 said:

A couple weeks ago, Washut was of the opinion that we were at the top of his list.  I wonder if that opinion still holds true.

So, apparently every one of the top 6 schools thinks they're at the top of his list and has felt that way for a while.

56 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

A couple weeks ago, Washut was of the opinion that we were at the top of his list.  I wonder if that opinion still holds true.

Yes. Yes it does. I think Washut thinks we land him in the end. Just a matter of time. That's the sense I get but I have no particular inside information.

3 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Yes. Yes it does. I think Washut thinks we land him in the end. Just a matter of time. That's the sense I get but I have no particular inside information.

Part of my basis is Hoiberg's public statement that we're sitting pretty good with a *couple* of high profile recruits. When, at the time, we only had one spot available. And then, shortly thereafter, another spot opened up.

Sumthin's cookin.

2 minutes ago, 49r said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/g5mndn/4_fc_adama_sanogo_announces_top_6/

Consensus among Reddit is that it's going to come down to Seton Hall or Maryland with UConn having an outside shot.  Nebraska and Auburn being real head-scratcher players in the game.

I get that, but from what I understand, Robin is pretty confident in his crystal ball prediction and has re-confirmed that confidence relatively recently. So ... take that for what it's worth.

2 minutes ago, 49r said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/g5mndn/4_fc_adama_sanogo_announces_top_6/

Consensus among Reddit is that it's going to come down to Seton Hall or Maryland with UConn having an outside shot.  Nebraska and Auburn being real head-scratcher players in the game.

Are the College Basketball reddit boards pretty decent?  I've found most reddit subs are a cesspool of ignorance.  So not sure that I'd put much weight in that.