2021 C Adama Sanogo

If he truly is a 2020 guy, I am very intrigued how the team would run minutes with him/Yvan/Walker/Mayen. 

It would allow for you to have true balance at the 4/5.

You can then play guys like Cross/Thor at the 3 or if you want to flip the lineup around you can have a ton of versatility with more true depth.

32 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

If he truly is a 2020 guy, I am very intrigued how the team would run minutes with him/Yvan/Walker/Mayen. 

You can then play guys like Cross/Thor at the 3 or if you want to flip the lineup around you can have a ton of versatility with more true depth.

Cross guarding a 3 would not be good....

50 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Can't see how we would play 2 guys at the same time who can't shoot beyond the FT line so Yvan, Walker, and Sanogo would only play at the 5.  If Sanogo happens to be so good that he plays 30 minutes and Walker and Yvan are fighting to be the backup that's great but everything I know about young post players tells me that wouldn't be the case.

• 2 weeks later...

If we do land him, I wonder if this reflects HCFH adjusting to B1G basketball. In addition to Sanogo (6'9), we would have Derrick Walker (6'8), Lat Mayen (6'9), Yvan Ouedraogo (6'9), and Kevin Cross (6'8...).

If I recall correctly, HCFH didnt play traditional front courts (in size, weight, and skill) at Iowa State. Thats a lot of bodies for the one big he seemed to roll out in his lineups. Unless he is going with a bigger front court to help match up in the B1G maybe?

Did some quick fact checking. Looks like only in one season did HCFH start two players that were 6'8 or taller (6'8 and 6'9). And the 6'9 player only started 12G.

Traditionally he starts a PG, three wings between 6'4-6'6, and a 6'8 guy big that is either a rim runner/point forward type.

So we can either expect to see some attrition in the front court or we are perhaps seeing a change in philosophy by the coaching staff after year one in the B1G. Obviously all of this is dependent on Adama Sanogo becoming a Husker.

I dont know enough about Mayen so I will wait until I see him on campus. As for Cross, Im not as sold on him as others are that he can consistently be a productive wing in HCFHs offense. I also dont think he is capable of being the 5 either. But im willing to wait and see what he looks like after another year of reshaping his body.

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2021 C Adama Sanogo
  • 2 weeks later...