2021 C Adama Sanogo

Robin Washut
@RobinWashut

#Nebrasketball offers 2021 New York big man Adama Sanogo.

Andrew Slater
@Andrew__Slater

6’10” Adama Sanogo’21 of @NYRhoops & @OSNA_BVHOOPS earned an offer from Nebraska #GBR #Nebrasketball ? 

Leads the #EYBL in rebounds per minute and Top 5 overall ?

Edited by Navin R. Johnson

22 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

It looked worse when I tried to embed the tweet! Copy and paste was the best I could do.

Dimes has a tutorial on this somewhere but I could not find it. I hope this is accurate. If it is Dimes latest tweet will appear

I believe the short version is 1) you find the tweet you want 2) click on the time at the top of the tweet 3) the tweet is enlarged and a new address shows up 4) copy and paste the new address in your message content 5) then it will magically appear when you submit your reply.

• 7 months later...

We all need to pray Coach A. can land this great prospect. NU has needs to break the strange pattern of not being able to sign big men, let alone good/great ones. This young fellow pulled down 23 rebounds and scored 17 pts. in defeating the third ranked team in N. Jersey. His teammate is the top ranked h.s. junior in the country (whom NU has offered!). Sanogo is now ranked in the top 50 nationally. Go get him guys!

52 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Didn't know he was a potential for reclassify. That would be ideal

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm seeing Yvan with potentially a higher ceiling here.

What I'm not seeing is a guy who can shoot 3s.

I do not think we will play a lineup with two guys like that at the same time so if Sanogo is coming in here in 2020 he's splitting his playing time with Walker and Yvan.

Unless he's going to walk in here and play 20-30 minutes a game, which I'm not convinced he is at all, we're much better off getting him in 2021 with another year of experience under his belt.

40 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm seeing Yvan with potentially a higher ceiling here.

I do not think we will play a lineup with two guys like that at the same time so if Sanogo is coming in here in 2020 he's splitting his playing time with Walker and Yvan.

Unless he's going to walk in here and play 20-30 minutes a game, which I'm not convinced he is at all, we're much better off getting him in 2021 with another year of experience under his belt.

That's my thought about this as well. You have Yvan and Walker next year with some small ball 5 between Mayen, Cross, and maybe Stevenson. Opting for 21 for him seems like the better option

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Not sure.  He's likely older than Yvan and better than Walker.  

12 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Maybe the dude gets better offers in 2021, so it could be that 2020 is NU's best chance to nab a guy like this, now.

• 4 weeks later...