Bourne Earns Spot on Australian U19 Team

redsteve

Nebraska incoming freshman Isabelle Bourne earned a spot on the Australian Gems team for the upcoming FIBA Under-19 World Cup, the Australian National program announced on June 4.

Games will be played this summer;

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211804973

Great recruit !   

Here's a schedule for the Australian Team from the article in the OP.

image.png

I must be behind the times, but I think this is the first I realized that the WBB Team would also be touring in Europe this summer. :Redface:

Following Australia's appearance in the FIBA Under-19 World Cup, Bourne will join the Nebraska women's basketball team on its European Tour to close the summer. The Huskers, who will begin summer workouts and practices next week with the start of the University of Nebraska's first five-week summer session, will be competing in Italy and Spain, Aug. 1-11.

15 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

I hope this young lady can play! She might be the key to an improved season.

Hope this answers your post!  :wink:  

From the article in the OP.

One of the most talented young players in Australia, Bourne has made several appearances with the National Team the past several years. She led Australia’s Under-17 team to gold at the 2017 Oceania Championship in Guam by averaging 19 points, 9.8 rebounds and 2.6 assists to claim a spot on the all-tournament team. She was also the MVP of the 2017 FIBA Under-18 Asia Cup 3-on-3 tournament in Mongolia, leading her team to another gold medal. Bourne was also named to the Gems squad for the 2018 FIBA Under-18 Asian Championships.