Who’s Watching the Finals?

Lakers were the 4th seed in the West when LeBron went down on Christmas day. Unless they make some significant upgrades (Davis, Leonard, Irving) I find it REAL hard to believe they’ll dramatically improve. I still wish Lue would’ve got the job, but now it looks Jason Kidd is the de facto “boss”...

I think the NBA was on the verge of having a ton of parity next year, but the Klay and KD injuries just solidifies that thought for me. My guess is that KD would have left pre-injury, which would have brought the Warriors back down to Earth (still a great team and top 3 team in the league, but not unbeatable). Now they are without KD and Klay for good chunks or even the entire season next year. I do not think a Steph/Draymond led team will be a factor in the West, especially with all their money tied up in two injured stars.

The West is now Houstons to take. But also has a plethora of good teams in Denver, Portland, Utah, OKC, Spurs, and both LA teams (yes I included LAL). Even a young Sacramento Kings team if they can continue to progress like they did last season or Dallas Mavericks with the reigning ROTY and hopefully healthy Porzingod. Theres a legit 9 other teams in the West that with a good draft/free agency and/or player development could make a case as the best team.

Over in the East, you have the reigning champs in Toronto plus Boston, Philly, and Milwaukee who all have a young super star or core of stars to build around.

I for one, cannot wait!!!

3 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Signing Davis only increases the odds of adding another big name X10. LeBron isn't getting any younger, and like the great George Allen once said, "The future is NOW"!

I would like to see them go after a few mid tier free agents. Danny Green, JJ Redick, and Nikola Mirotic would be the three I would like to see. All three give you some combination of shooting, defense, and size. Add them in with Kuzma, Mo Wagner, Alex Caruso, and Rondo and thats a very formidable squad.

Not a Lakers fan by the way.