Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Big 10/ACC Challenge...Impact on Home games

Recommended Posts

Guess we are going to be on the road again for the second year in a row playing Georgia Tech. Wonder if that means we will get two years at home after that? We have only played them once..1983 in which Georgia Tech won 66-49. When they sent out the notice for season tickets...that included a home game for the Big 10/ACC Challenge...they are going to send out another email adjusting season ticket costs based on the loss of one home game. 

 

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/husker-hoops-to-play-at-georgia-tech-in-big-ten/article_812fd039-cea1-52de-b660-55ee0eae1e65.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The highlight of the 1983 game was a tremendous tip-in dunk by Curtis Moore near the end of the game. Came as a huge surprise because Moe barely used him that year. The next year he specialized in dunking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

For his size Curtis Moore was a David “skywalker” Thompson type dunker, simply a phenom... As far as the ACC challenge, how long will it be before Duke/UNC play in Lincoln? I’m serious...

Lol 20-21 Duke and 21-22 UNC?  Nah my guess is they will give us anyone but those two for at least the next 75-100 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jimmykc said:

The highlight of the 1983 game was a tremendous tip-in dunk by Curtis Moore near the end of the game. Came as a huge surprise because Moe barely used him that year. The next year he specialized in dunking. 

 

And Moe started doing research in sound proofing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hated playing Intramural games at Mabel Lee. Too small & we couldn’t accommodate all the “Little Sisters” that came to cheer us on. Men’s P. E. was great, ( we stole the sign when it was torn down) but nothing matched the Colosium where the “real” Huskers had played!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nighthawk said:

Lol 20-21 Duke and 21-22 UNC?  Nah my guess is they will give us anyone but those two for at least the next 75-100 years. 

I hope within 3-5 years we’re done with the middle of the road/bottom feeders. It might take a B1G Title or two...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

I hope within 3-5 years we’re done with the middle of the road/bottom feeders. It might take a B1G Title or two...

 

I hope it happens while my dad is still alive.  We have been going to games since year two of the “Bob”.  I’d love to see a Nebraska vs Duke or UNC with him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jimmykc said:

The highlight of the 1983 game was a tremendous tip-in

 

You'd think after all these years the highlight would be being beaten by Mark Price before he was MARK PRICE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

 As far as the ACC challenge, how long will it be before Duke/UNC play in Lincoln? I’m serious...

Handy, I love the optimism but lets let the new guy coach a game or two before we get to far ahead. Let's work our way into the Tier 2 ACC programs first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

 

I hope it happens while my dad is still alive.  We have been going to games since year two of the “Bob”.  I’d love to see a Nebraska vs Duke or UNC with him.  

I am hoping PapaCH gets to see a tournament win in his lifetime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, colhusker said:

So we can celebrate?

lol..yeah I think the University should open up the arena for a NCAA Watch party next time Nebraska makes it to the dance (and I have a good feeling we will win the next time we are there) and immediately after the victory they allow PBA to tap the kegs!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

 

I'm hoping Norm gets to see a tournament win in his lifetime.

That’s damn right!

 

Seriously, I might shed a tear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

lol..yeah I think the University should open up the arena for a NCAA Watch party next time Nebraska makes it to the dance (and I have a good feeling we will win the next time we are there) and immediately after the victory they allow PBA to tap the kegs!  

 

Why are we waiting until after?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, trickey said:

 

Why are we waiting until after?

We don’t have to, but hell I figure it’s never going to happen anyway (the winning will though) so I’m at least going to give the most logical choice if it were to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, colhusker said:

I’ll bring the wine

 

Might be able to talk the Mrs. into coming if you did bring some!

 

And what is the name of the wine you help bottle, because I drive my wife and friends to a LLLLOOOOOTTTTT of wineries though out the Midwest.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 11:51 PM, Silverbacked1 said:

 

Might be able to talk the Mrs. into coming if you did bring some!

 

And what is the name of the wine you help bottle, because I drive my wife and friends to a LLLLOOOOOTTTTT of wineries though out the Midwest.😉

Serenity Valley Winery - Millersburg MO - near Columbia

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...