Erstad has stepped down

57 minutes ago, 49r said:

Everybody knows Hoiberg was the Home Run Hire. Frost was a Slam Dunk.

I think for this one we're looking for a Hail Mary...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Erstad was a home run splash hire. Hard to imaging making a bigger splash than former #1 overall draft pick and MLB star and bigger homerun than him being a two-sport star at Nebraska.

If this had always been his plan (Im assuming DE didnt just decided between elimination on Saturday and Monday when he announced) that loss to Okie St had to be an even bigger kick in the nuts. If we hold on, i feel pretty confident were playing in Lubbock this weekend.

What away that would have been for him to go out. First super regional, and perhaps more, in 10 years.

On 6/4/2019 at 4:06 PM, cipsucks said:

We might not have the pick of the litter like we did with Frost, but we're not settling for the runt, either.

Especially since it seems like Moos is looking to stomp on necks every time he has the chance. He's playing no games and angling for a statue.

That being said, all his hires could go belly-up... but on paper they've all been incredibly impressive. He doesn't lack in aggressiveness, and I doubt he'll suddenly get humble with this coach search.

Gonna be really interested to see who we hire. Read a lot of what the national guys said and still have no clue. If Childress says no, the two head coaches Heefner and Deggs would be awesome. Likewise Bolt and Thompson would be awesome if we went Asst coach. I like Deggs a lot, I think Nebraska would embrace him with arms wide open. Excited to see what Moos pulls off. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/coach-delivers-inspirational-speech-falling-short-college-world-series-194356450.html

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Who could Moos be talking about?

Has to be Childress. I would guess Moos is making Childress say no before going down any other avenues. Childress probably will take Nebraska offer back to his AD, and from the sounds of it I highly doubt A&M offers any sort of extension. Childress has two options really, stay at A&M and hope next years team can make a super/CWS run and get an extension (otherwise get the boot) or come back to Nebraska with a long contract and lots of security. 

Also people on twitter saying Bolt wouldn't be a good hire because he hasn't been a D1 head coach. People have to understand college baseball is different when it comes to Asst's having success as 1st time head coaches. A lot of the best coaches, at the best schools had no D1 head coaching experience before their current roles. Here is a list of guys who didn't have any D1 head coaching experience prior to their current roles (just a few natty and CWS appearances on here).

Kevin O’Sullivan - Florida

Dan McDonnell - L’Ville

Tim Corbin - Vandy

Rob Childress - A&M

Tim Tadlock - Texas Tech

Josh Holliday - Oklahoma St

Butch Thompson - Auburn

Mike Martin - FSU

Mike Fox - North Carolina

Cliff Godwin - East Carolina

Gino DiMare -  Miami

Brian O’Connor - Virginia

Bolt isn't a bad hire because of his coaching resume, he would be a bad hire because there are at minimum 5 absolutely superior candidates who if we pay what market dictates we absolutely have a shot at hiring (one of which is Bolt's current boss who may bring Bolt with him anyway).  Bolt would be the budget hire, not the best available hire. 

Edited by Blackshirt83

Bolt isn't a bad hire because of his coaching resume, he would be a bad hire because there are at minimum 5 absolutely superior candidates who if we pay what market dictates we absolutely have a shot at hiring. Bolt would be the budget hire, not the best available hire. 

And who are the 5 On that list

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

And who are the 5 On that list

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Top 5

1. Greg Lovelady (UCF head coach, would be the Oklahoma coach right now if OU didn't cheap out on his assistant pool pay. Looking for a p5 team with resources and desire to win.)

2. Dan Heefner (Dallas Baptist head coach, played at Northern Iowa, coached at Creighton)

3. Pat Casey (won the World Series at Oregon State, isn't going back there.)

4. Jeff Duncan (Kent State head coach, from illinois coached at Purdue)

5. Rob Childress (Fans at A&M want a change, has a new AD and he may want to make the decision first. Comp pay probably gets him. Possibly with Bolt and Seely too.)

All 5 are gettable if Nebraska is willing to make a legit offer.

And that doesn't include top assistants like Kirk Saraloos, Mike Bell or Eric Snider or even other assistant coaches with Nebraska ties like Justin Seely who is arguably a better coach at A&M than Bolt or Van Horn's newest protege at Arkansas, Nate Thompson.

Edited by Blackshirt83

14 minutes ago, Blackshirt83 said:

Top 5

1. Greg Lovelady

2. Dan Heefner

3. Pat Casey

4. Jeff Duncan

5. Rob Childress

And that doesn't include top assistants like Kirk Saraloos, Mike Bell or Eric Snyder or even other assistant coaches with Nebraska ties like Justin Seeley who is arguably a better coach at A&M than Bolt or Van Horn's newest protege at Arkansas, Nate Thompson.

You’re 5 are impressive but that doesn’t mean they would come here. Hell Heefner turned down Baylor and Casey will have any open job he wants. Obviously Moos will pursue Childress but that doesn’t mean he’ll leave the SEC and his wife’s home to come to the B1G. I like your Asst coach options but think Bolt is right there with all of them. He knows what it takes to win at Nebraska, he knows hitting, and not to mention he’s had a successful stint as a juco head coach so he’s ran his own program. 

55 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Sounds like the Childress ship has sailed.

That’s what Kendall Rogers has said, barring a last minute change of heart. Also said Moos has interviews set up for this week. No idea where we will go with this hire. Mitch Sherman said he would

look at guys that have won at places like Nebraska and not necessarily a power conf guy. No idea what that list looks like, Ed Servais?