Erstad has stepped down

Time to be with family is fair.  Baseball has just as long of a season as football or basketball, but you are sometimes gone a heck of a lot more in season.  Baseball has the most games out of all the men's sports and with it being an outdoor sport, you are basically away from home for the first 4 weeks of the season.

I wish Erstad nothing but the best.  He took a lot of criticism from many.  Especially the past few days.  He came in with big shoes to fill and never could get over that hump.  However, he was no where near a "failure" IMO.  Now we'll see if Moos can go out and do it a third time.  Whoever comes in next year will have a hell of a group to work with.  Should make a regional in year 1.

Edited by hskr4life

Just now, hskr4life said:

Time to be with family is fair.  Baseball has just as long of a season as football or basketball, but you are sometimes gone a heck of a lot more in season.  Baseball has the most games out of all the mens sports and with it being an outdoor sport, you are basically away from home for the first 4 weeks of the season.

Yeah when you don't need the money, probably pretty tough to be away from home that much, putting in crazy hours a week. I think he loves coaching, but he can coach and do it putting in far less hours. Private lessons, HS ball, hell even coaching his kids. Thanks Coach! Truly appreciated the fight this 2019 squad had, and will fondly remember the last few weeks of this season. 

Shocking news.  I have always been a big fan and supporter of Erstad the coach and the person.  I have been rooting for him to be one to take the program to the highest level.  Of course that won't be the case now.  God bless you, Darin Erstad, and all the best to you moving forward and in the next phase of your and your family's life.  The epitome of what it is and means to be a Husker.  GBR!

Edited by mwm89

46 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Whoever comes in next year will have a hell of a group to work with.  Should make a regional in year 1.

With the whole weekend starting rotation gone? Lol. Rest of the cast is solid but the pitching is going to have a LOT of questions.

I was talking at work today with some college baseball guys. 

First they were stunned, one of the guys is really hooked up in the program and this made him well up some, so it was totally from left field.

What I said about getting a new coach is that it might be tougher than we think.  

1) Football has like 50 to 75 coaches that can turn a program around.

2) Basketball  has like 80 or so that can change a program.

3) Baseball has like maybe 12-15 that can do it, and most of them have been at their program for many many years.  And they might not be very willing to leave even if we throw a corn wagon full of money.