Hoiberg Offense helps Golden State in Game 2

This play has been written about many times over the years. The basketball coaching world is a fascinating place where coaches at all levels aren't afraid to share plays, systems, philosophies, etc. with each other. It isn't uncommon to walk into a coaching clinic and see college and professional coaches there with pen and paper taking notes when a high school coach is giving a talk on his philosophies. John Calipari implemented the dribble drive motion at Memphis when the creator of the offense (Vance Walberg) was still a community college coach. Rick Torbett never coached past the high school level, but his read & react offense is used by men's and women's college coaches all over the country. 

When Fred gets invited to give talks at clinics, he's usually in lineups alongside some of the biggest names in basketball. I think he is as respected by his peers as anyone in the world on the offensive end of the court. 

If anyone is interested there are some great online resources out there where coaches shares notes from clinics they attend and film they watch. Some of my favorites are:

https://nothingbutsets.weebly.com/clinics--notes.html

https://pickandpop.net/category/clinicnotes/

https://www.fastmodelsports.com/library/basketball

7 hours ago, LK1 said:

We can thank the Bulls' awful front office saving face for Fred being our coach.  He had an impossible roster and injury situation there.  I'm pretty sure the entire coaching fraternity knows it.  

Bulls fan here and I will agree that Hoiberg never got a fair shake in Chicago. This past season all of the following players missed extended parts of the season: Denzel Valentine (entire season), Lauri Markkanen, Kris Dunn, Zach LaVine, Chandler Hutchinson, and Wendell Carter Jr. 

All of those players are very young and four were starters. Its a young talented bunch there in Chicago and I think Hoibergs offense would have fit very well with this team. But its hard to win games when your roster is young and you are consistantly down two or three starters.

10 hours ago, khoock said:

Bulls fan here and I will agree that Hoiberg never got a fair shake in Chicago. This past season all of the following players missed extended parts of the season: Denzel Valentine (entire season), Lauri Markkanen, Kris Dunn, Zach LaVine, Chandler Hutchinson, and Wendell Carter Jr. 

All of those players are very young and four were starters. Its a young talented bunch there in Chicago and I think Hoibergs offense would have fit very well with this team. But its hard to win games when your roster is young and you are consistantly down two or three starters.

Their loss is our gain.  Might not have been fair for the Bulls to dump Hoiberg, but it sure worked out for us.  ?