Cam Mack's game reminds me of Andre Woolridge.

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Yeah but Cam never dropped 50 on Hastings in the State Finals...

I watched that game on NET. I think Benson had 2-3 kids with D1 scholarships that year. Didn’t Hastings have a post player who had a low D1 scholarship?  I remember Hastings playing hard but Benson was just dominating. 

Appreciate the responses. His physique is totally different obviously.

What I see in their similarity is their court vision. The way he gets past the first line of defense and then with complete poise makes passes that would be really difficult for others easily and within the flow of the game. It is difficult to articulate, but his court-sense and the speed at which he plays is really special. Rare is the guard who is lightning quick but who is comfortable going slower at times to confuse defenses, much like a pitcher throwing a well-timed change up.

1 hour ago, Donkey said:

I watched that game on NET. I think Benson had 2-3 kids with D1 scholarships that year. Didn’t Hastings have a post player who had a low D1 scholarship?  I remember Hastings playing hard but Benson was just dominating. 

Doug Brandt I believe was the big guy from Hastings.  He went to Baylor on a scholarship.  Hastings put him on Woolridge to start the game so he had to shoot over him.  Did not work out very well for them.

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Doug Brandt I believe was the big guy from Hastings.  He went to Baylor on a scholarship.  Hastings put him on Woolridge to start the game so he had to shoot over him.  Did not work out very well for them.

In a HHC glory days segment, I had a triple double against that Hastings class in a sophomore game in a stunning win.  Brandt was not playing, but the rest of the class was.  30 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists in an upset win.  Probably the best game I ever played unfortunately.  

4 hours ago, Donkey said:

Benson had Kenya Crandall, who played for Kearney, I believe. 

Kid could jump like no one else I’ve ever seen. 

48 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I’ll always remember being at Hastings/ Creighton Prep Tourney game when the Tiger’s crowd started to pipe off, they were met with a “We’re Going to College” “We’re Going to College” chant...

Prep had some good crowds!  In the state final in ‘94 during a timeout they were making fun of our cheerleaders. I started a “at least we’ve got them” chant. They fired back with “we don’t want them.”

I humbly took a seat. 

9 hours ago, royalfan said:

In a HHC glory days segment, I had a triple double against that Hastings class in a sophomore game in a stunning win.  Brandt was not playing, but the rest of the class was.  30 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists in an upset win.  Probably the best game I ever played unfortunately.  

The guy that coached that Hastings Soph team is a good friend of mine.

33 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

The guy that coached that Hastings Soph team is a good friend of mine.

Would be curious if he has film of the ballgame.  I highly doubt it but would cool to rewatch. I used to have a copy but got lost in the shuffle of parents moves along the way.  

Edited by royalfan