Juwan Howard is “N” @ Michigan

2 hours ago, busticket said:

Inwould have had the same questions about Lue.  Being a HC in the NBA, he obviously has technical knowledge of the game and was able to manage personalities.  We have no clue how well he would recruit.  And honestly, how well can he in game coach?

That's basically the same point with Juwan Howard back at Michigan, and that is why I mentioned Lue at NU. Big difference to translate his philosophies to collegiate coaching than elsewhere in the NBA...

On 5/31/2019 at 10:29 AM, khoock said:

He is definitely winning all the press conferences and interviews. No doubt he is going to bring in top flight kids. Now I have no idea how well he can coach or what kind of staff he is gonna assemble. But Michigans roster is gonna see an upgrade in talent (Duke, Kentucky, Kansas-esque)

Like I said earlier in the thread, I don't see how Juwan Howard fails at recruiting. There's just way too much appeal there for an elite prospect. And even though we'll have to compete against them at Michigan, I'll enjoy seeing the "wealth" spread around (at Memphis as well), instead of clustered at KY and Duke. Make Cal and K have to work for that top class every year.

Also, from the "Big Red Blitz", Hoiberg was all onboard the Juwan Howard train. Said he tried to hire him in Chicago, but Miami wouldn't let him out of his contract. Howard may also be trying the "Hoiberg blueprint" at Michigan, as it sounds like he might be hiring Phil Martelli to be his sage advisor in his first head coaching run.

• 2 weeks later...