Phantasmagorical

On March 24, 2019 we lost to TCU in the NIT.  Since then and even a few months before,  Husker basketball fans have lived in a surreal world.  I may be missing a bunch of stuff, but here are some highlights:

• Many wanted a Moos hide hanging somewhere.  Angst about what was going to happen, and the rumors versus facts raised temperatures;
  • The months of January and February were horrible.  Losing became contagious, rumors spread like wildfires;
  • Players were falling left and right.  At the end of the season, we started playing decent basketball with players that didn't see the floor the first several months of the season.
  • Johnny who???
  • Trueblood, Watson, Palmer, Copeland and Borchardt finalize eligibility;
  • Miles is fired;
  • Now what????
  • Home run hire.  Welcome to Nebraska Coach Hoiberg!!!
  • We hired some dude with a strange sounding name, Matt Abdelmassih, as an assistant;  
  • We hired a current head coach as an assistant...some dude named Doc...oh wait, he was once a head coach here!!!
  • Bobby Lutz finally answered his Nebraska page;
  • We kept an assistant who is known to be able to recruit;
  • Well, we have some players coming back, but what are we going to do for players next year??
  • Great news, Burke is going to stay...and Akol, Jervay, Donovan, and D'Andre all recommitted to Coach Hoiberg and the program;
  • Oops, Tom is leaving, and Nana, and Amir, and Karrington, and Heiman -- to me meh, to some, the sky is falling;
  • Hey Thor is staying...really, he even dropped an expletive to emphasize it even though a certain reporter said he was gone;
  • Isaiah is here, at least for a few more days...or perhaps all of next year depending on a very good workout for the NBA;
  • Now enter stage right - we kept Jervay as mentioned.  Then came the great news, almost day after day: Banton, Cheatham, Cross, Curtis, Kavas, Mack, Ouedraogo, Piatkowski, Stevenson, Walker and Easely all committed to play here.  Wait, whaaaat?

My head is spinning.  I think I am in a bit of shock.  Is this really happening here?  At Nebraska?  Am I dreaming?  What is next?  What did I miss?  Do I really need to take my reading glasses to scrimmages and games so I can identify our players early on?

WHEW!

It's been a fun off-season, for certain, as far as recruiting news. I can not recall a more abundant haul within 33 days, ever.

The season itself is already less than six months away. And, with the upcoming Italy trip from August 3-13, the unofficial "start" of fall ball will be here before we know it. GBR !!!