B1G Baseball Tournament Thread

9 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I agree that the ball park should over look the the skyline of Omaha. But we didn't have say and if u don't like the the set up don't go to the games there.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, that is what many people now choose to do. I was raised on the CWS while going to all but a handful of games in the last 40+ years. I am sorry their poor choice of set up makes the prospect of watching on TV more appealing to many. I can always look at the Omaha skyline when I walk to my car or while driving home.

Why do you want to see the skyline? Were you involved in this in some way?

So because they mangled what could have been an unbelievable ballpark, we should never go to a game there?  Uh okay.  
I knew u were waiting for that. Yes if you don't like the ball field don't go. Simple as that.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Michigan got caught in a 2-out pickle and ended up with a run and a 3rd base runner.

Good/Bad with Michigan winning. Us and them are by far the most talented teams still playing - they have the bats to beat us twice, but their RPI is solid and that can put us in line for a #2 seed no matter what happens tomorrow. 

34 minutes ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

Clark Grell (LJS) also wrote (in an article about today's game) that we'd be playing the winner of Minn/Iowa.. but the schedule on the B10 website matches Bland's tweet. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

I think I'd rather stick with the Minn/Iowa winner.

All I care is for both Maryland and Michigan to score about a million runs today and the game goes to like 20 innings so whoever makes it to the game tomorrow morning has to send the water boy out to pitch.

1 hour ago, trickey said:

Unfortunately, that is what many people now choose to do. I was raised on the CWS while going to all but a handful of games in the last 40+ years. I am sorry their poor choice of set up makes the prospect of watching on TV more appealing to many. I can always look at the Omaha skyline when I walk to my car or while driving home.

Why do you want to see the skyline? Were you involved in this in some way?

No I just think it would be better looking at the Omaha skyline than the top of the Qwest center or what ever they call it now. 

44 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Good/Bad with Michigan winning. Us and them are by far the most talented teams still playing - they have the bats to beat us twice, but their RPI is solid and that can put us in line for a #2 seed no matter what happens tomorrow. 

Don't you think we are a 2 seed after today?

50 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I'd just as soon prefer for NU to win a B1G Championship, all things considered.

59 minutes ago, 49r said:

All I care is for both Maryland and Michigan to score about a million runs today and the game goes to like 20 innings so whoever makes it to the game tomorrow morning has to send the water boy out to pitch.

That's exactly what I was hoping for from the later-starting Minn/Iowa game (before realizing the bracket swap). Let them play 'til midnight, then they have to get up and do it again at 9am against us.

Unfortunately, Michigan looks to have a decent hold on this game, and they've only sent out one pitcher.*

*Edit: Oop. They've just dipped into the bullpen in the B7.

Edited by Searching 4 Chester Surles