B1G Baseball Tournament Thread

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

One of my biggest qualms with TD is the size of the field.  In every other ballpark (college), that triple is a homer.  This is college ball.  Idk... just seems too big.

Anyways... back to the game.  Gelo with a solid triple that got things going.  Waldron looks awesome through 1.

Love TD Ameritrade.  IMO it might be the perfect ballpark.  It's just a shame it only gets used basically two weeks out of each year, for the Big Ten tournament and the CWS.

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

One of my biggest qualms with TD is the size of the field.  In every other ballpark (college), that triple is a homer.  This is college ball.  Idk... just seems too big.

Anyways... back to the game.  Gelo with a solid triple that got things going.  Waldron looks awesome through 1.

Duncan field in Hastings is as big as TDA. it's 375 to left, 405 in the power alleys, 408 to dead center, and 367 to right, Hastings college plays there as does a wood bat league for college kids and those guys don't have a problem getting balls out of the park.

8 hours ago, 49r said:

Love TD Ameritrade.  IMO it might be the perfect ballpark.  It's just a shame it only gets used basically two weeks out of each year, for the Big Ten tournament and the CWS.

If I recall, there's some college that uses TD Ameritrade for intramural pickup games between February thru May.

GgZi.gif

8 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

There several parks that are built the same way as TDA.there's one in Lincoln and one in Hastings that face the same way as TDA.

So what?  Was a dumb decision to build a park with the same dimensions as Rosenblatt without the prevailing winds aiding ballflight.