Who is the most likely high school player to sign w/ NU for '20?

Who are the prime targets for next year? I know the staff will be extremely selective. What names have been bandied about, if anyone remembers? My guess is they target a point guard and and the most athletic, good shooting, high skilled big man. (Not 6'6"- 6'8" but rather 6'10+). I think they go hard after Dainja, Garcia and Carlson from MN., and the 7-foot, five-star from Iowa, Xavier Foster. Have also heard good things about Hugley from OH.

For smaller guys, the dream recruit would be Jalen Suggs (6'5" point guard from MN.) Apparently Hoiberg is going hard after him and has some kind of rapport with the Suggs family, and he does with Carlson's.

Ideally Frost would sign him and it would be a windfall for Hoiberg who wouldn't have to spend a scholarship.

It would also be great if Zaire Wade walks on (I'm guessing his father and mother wouldn't be too set back with the tuition). And it would be a great way to show their Husker support as opposed to merely wearing licensed merchandise.... 

Any thoughts?

22 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Who are the prime targets for next year? I know the staff will be extremely selective. What names have been bandied about, if anyone remembers? My guess is they target a point guard and and the most athletic, good shooting, high skilled big man. (Not 6'6"- 6'8" but rather 6'10+). I think they go hard after Dainja, Garcia and Carlson from MN., and the 7-foot, five-star from Iowa, Xavier Foster. Have also heard good things about Hugley from OH.

For smaller guys, the dream recruit would be Jalen Suggs (6'5" point guard from MN.) Apparently Hoiberg is going hard after him and has some kind of rapport with the Suggs family, and he does with Carlson's.

Ideally Frost would sign him and it would be a windfall for Hoiberg who wouldn't have to spend a scholarship.

It would also be great if Zaire Wade walks on (I'm guessing his father and mother wouldn't be too set back with the tuition). And it would be a great way to show their Husker support as opposed to merely wearing licensed merchandise.... 

Any thoughts?

Frost told Suggs, when the group from MN visited earlier this spring, he was NOT offering another quarterback for the 2020 class.  Smothers is it.

Just now, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Interesting observation. I would be thrilled with Dainja. Isn't he a cousin of a football target of Frost?

Yep, Xavier Watts who goes to Omaha Burke. Dainja's skill level and polish for a high school big man is as impressive as I've ever seen on film and he plays very high level competition in high school and on the AAU circuit. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

I think Dainja from MN. is a strong candidate especially if his cousin Watts signs with Frost. Who are the other strong candidates (not merely longshots)?

Approximately how many who will we sign in 2020 threads do you plan on starting between now and 2020?