Come on Hoiberg

dskurz

12 hours ago, coughunter said:

So safe to say the 7' guy there were interested in is done?

I said RIP-a-roni to that dude as a chance once I saw Duke was interested in him...

Then again, that just double confirms his value. An athletic 7 footer is the dream. I'll take them maker/giannis prototypes any day. I dont care HOW weird their body type is! That said, I love the small ball style it seems fred is going for. No need to go Purdue big man if you have big bodies and effort rebounders! I see no problems! I'll take a 7 footer if you give us one though. 

22 minutes ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

I'll take a 7 footer if you give us one though. 

Sergej Vucetic was 7’1” and on our roster a few years back.

If you are willing to go with 6’11” instead of a true 7 footer, you can pick up such notables on former NU rosters (according to Huskers.com) as, Kye Kurkowski, Jordy Tshimangs, Christopher Niemann and Jorge Brian Diaz.

2 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Sergej Vucetic was 7’1” and on our roster a few years back.

If you are willing to go with 6’11” instead of a true 7 footer, you can pick up such notables on former NU rosters (according to Huskers.com) as, Kye Kurkowski, Jordy Tshimangs, Christopher Niemann and Jorge Brian Diaz.

???

Again, key examples of classic nebrasketball 7 footers who arent who I'm thinking of. The safe guard against andre almiedas is that fred is pretty much exclusively recruiting guys who can run the floor. We need an athletic big like that. Like I said I'm pretty over the moon with the big bodies we got so far (especially since those 240# bodies will really help in big 10 play slog, given they stay in shape and take adv of our nba facilities and add muscle) ?

Interesting point to ponder: If Jordy had stayed on the roster last year, would he have been encouraged to move on by the new regime? He certainly wouldn't have fit into Hoiberg's type of scheme. (For those like me who had forgotten, he will be a Dayton Flyer this year, so we will see if he used his sit out year to improve his skills).

7 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Interesting point to ponder: If Jordy had stayed on the roster last year, would he have been encouraged to move on by the new regime? He certainly wouldn't have fit into Hoiberg's type of scheme. (For those like me who had forgotten, he will be a Dayton Flyer this year, so we will see if he used his sit out year to improve his skills).

You'd keep him because he's essentially a grad transfer to the new staff.