A series of firsts

braska

I have some free time today. Probably too much as you'll see in this post which will offer some absurd hypotheticals... for fun of course.  ?

In Hoiberg's FIRST season we win our FIRST Big Ten conference title (either regular season or tournament) while also winning our FIRST ever NCAA tournament game and upsetting our way through the rest of the bracket to winning our FIRST NCAA title.

kramer.gif

giphy.gif

As much as I would love for that to happen and, should that be the case, I am on Cloud Nine. Let's not undermine the fact that although Hoiberg has a cast in place to put on a show, he still needs to orchestrate it. The trip to Italy is a great way for the team to bond, but there's still going to be some roster management and cohesiveness to sort out on the court with all new players. Let's not also undermine what it actually takes to be a Big Ten basketball titleholder. We've got a long season ahead of us, but he sure has made this an active offseason for the university and for HHC!

1 hour ago, HuskerCager said:

This is what I've been waiting for 50 years now.   More important than a sweet 16 berth to me personally as a fan.

I totally agree...For some reason, regular season accomplishments aren't as lauded as post season accomplishments.  I do think regular season championships in every sport should be deemed more important.

I am a Milwaukee Brewers fan and winning the NL Central last year was awesome and I consider a huge accomplisment...Yes, I want a NLCS title and and World Series title, but playoffs, there are elements of randomness that can affect who wins any individual game or series.

2 hours ago, braska said:

I have some free time today. Probably too much as you'll see in this post which will offer some absurd hypotheticals... for fun of course.  ?

In Hoiberg's FIRST season we win our FIRST Big Ten conference title (either regular season or tournament) while also winning our FIRST ever NCAA tournament game and upsetting our way through the rest of the bracket to winning our FIRST NCAA title.

kramer.gif

?   I'm not that delusional.  I chuckle at the notion of it though.  In reality the following gif is more appropriate to my own absurd post.

tenor.gif?itemid=3471441

5 hours ago, braska said:

kramer.gif

That post reminds me of the FIRST time I had a 3ft bong hit, or the FIRST time I saw my Mom naked...