Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
colhusker

Samari Curtis is N

Recommended Posts

Incredible. 34.4 points 5.8 assists.

 

He had been committed to Xavier as a JR, then that coach left for L-Ville. So he signed with Cincinnati, and that coach left for UCLA. Great fortune for Hoiberg to pluck a flat-out scorer from a quality program in Xenia, Ohio, at this late of date in the 2019 recruitment cycle.

Edited by AuroranHusker
*Stat was for assists in lieu of rebounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be shocked if Curtis doesn’t see the court regularly next season.  He’s a pure scorer and already knows how to draw fouls like a veteran.  He doesn’t remind me of anyone we’ve had before.  I think he’s one of the best guard prospects we’ve ever nabbed out of the high school ranks.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, colhusker said:

 

Sorry Norm, was at a work social and didn't have access to stuff to get first time right.  I did toast to his picking us.

 

I was making fun of the fact that there were so many new names in such a short span of time that it was like "now who?"

 

I shoulda used an emoji.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

 

I was making fun of the fact that there were so many new names in such a short span of time that it was like "now who?"

 

I shoulda used an emoji.

Well I can see the confusion with how bad I butchered the young lads name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LK1 said:

I’d be shocked if Curtis doesn’t see the court regularly next season.  He’s a pure scorer and already knows how to draw fouls like a veteran.  He doesn’t remind me of anyone we’ve had before.  I think he’s one of the best guard prospects we’ve ever nabbed out of the high school ranks.    

Love this guy but I want to see more stats. Specifically assists and how many 3s he took per game. If this dude can shoot the three he looks like a beast on offense. Watching highlights he made some awesome passes and can dribble and shoot well while being a stellar athlete. Also does anyone know what Ohio division he plays in? His points per game are ridiculous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cjbowbros said:

Love this guy but I want to see more stats.

 

Basnett reports that he avg'd 7.3 rebounds, 4.9 assists, 2.4 steals, shot 51% overall, 77% on FTs, and 33% from distance during his SR year. He had nine 40pt games and his season low was 19pts.

 

He's a walking bucket, but looks like he can stuff the statsheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s an absolutely pure 2 guard.  Total Kobe mentality.  I really think we can look at him as another guard on equal footing with the 3-4 we’ve been regularly mentioning in terms of skill and ability to contribute.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

 

Basnett reports that he avg'd 7.3 rebounds, 4.9 assists, 2.4 steals, shot 51% overall, 77% on FTs, and 33% from distance during his SR year. He had nine 40pt games and his season low was 19pts.

 

He's a walking bucket, but looks like he can stuff the statsheet.

The crazy thing is if I had to guess he will come off the bench. I love that he said in an interview tagged in the article that he chose CU because there coach DIDNT promise him playing time as a freshman he wanted to earn it. He will need a little patience as we might have a top 3 backcourt in the league.

Also love the free throw numbers I don’t see anything terrible about his shot I’m hoping it will develop into an elite weapon. 

Edited by cjbowbros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...