Samari Curtis is N

On 5/21/2019 at 10:19 AM, hhcmatt said:

I don't subscribe but Curtis' recruitment in the past was noteworthy enough to make The Athletic

https://theathletic.com/458609/2018/08/04/heres-what-former-xavier-commit-samari-curtis-can-bring-to-the-bearcats-in-19/

Here are four graphs. I encourage you to subscribe if you can afford it, especially now that Mitch Sherman is the Nebraska beat writer.

One of the immediate debates about Curtis is whether he will translate better as a 1 or 2 guard at the college level. There were even whispers that the reason he de-committed from Xavier was because of uncertainty about which guard position would be best for him in new head coach Travis Steele’s system, but Curtis shot those rumors down. And as far as his coach is concerned, it’s an irrelevant question.

“If you ask me if he’s going to be a 1 or a 2, I say yes,” Anderson said. “On the high school team, the ball is in his hands a lot. In AAU, sometimes it’s not and he has to figure out other ways to get involved. I think he can play either.”

Anderson also added that some incoming guard help at Xenia this season should allow Curtis to play off the ball a bit more as a senior, giving him added experience coming off screens and getting separation from his defender. Either way, regardless of what position he’s playing, he always has a green light.

“His range is unlimited. We let him pull up from 30, 35 feet sometimes,” Anderson said. “We tell him as long as you’re on our side of half court and we got people in rebounding position, have at it.”

On 5/22/2019 at 3:27 PM, jayschool said:

“His range is unlimited. We let him pull up from 30, 35 feet sometimes,” Anderson said. “We tell him as long as you’re on our side of half court and we got people in rebounding position, have at it.”

This sounds like something Hoiberg would say. Looks like Samari will fit in well with the "shoot first, ask questions later" offense.

Samari got his "Ohio Mr Basketball" award (a massive plaque that will hang in his HS gym with other title banners) yesterday.

With his quick and covert recruitment, there wasn't a single video of him posted in his two threads on HHC. This first one is an interview where he talks about his favorite player being Steph Curry, and how he prefers playing the point. The second video is from a game he went for 44, and showed glimpses of his "in the gym" range.

Also, in the second video, watch for the crushing screen, set by Andre Almieda's son, at the 1:43 mark.

Edited by Searching 4 Chester Surles

• 2 weeks later...