Samari Curtis is N

Incredible. 34.4 points 5.8 assists.

He had been committed to Xavier as a JR, then that coach left for L-Ville. So he signed with Cincinnati, and that coach left for UCLA. Great fortune for Hoiberg to pluck a flat-out scorer from a quality program in Xenia, Ohio, at this late of date in the 2019 recruitment cycle.

Edited by AuroranHusker
*Stat was for assists in lieu of rebounds

• hhcmatt changed the title to Samari Curtis is N
1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

I was making fun of the fact that there were so many new names in such a short span of time that it was like "now who?"

I shoulda used an emoji.

Well I can see the confusion with how bad I butchered the young lads name.

11 hours ago, LK1 said:

I’d be shocked if Curtis doesn’t see the court regularly next season.  He’s a pure scorer and already knows how to draw fouls like a veteran.  He doesn’t remind me of anyone we’ve had before.  I think he’s one of the best guard prospects we’ve ever nabbed out of the high school ranks.    

Love this guy but I want to see more stats. Specifically assists and how many 3s he took per game. If this dude can shoot the three he looks like a beast on offense. Watching highlights he made some awesome passes and can dribble and shoot well while being a stellar athlete. Also does anyone know what Ohio division he plays in? His points per game are ridiculous!

4 minutes ago, cjbowbros said:

Love this guy but I want to see more stats.

Basnett reports that he avg'd 7.3 rebounds, 4.9 assists, 2.4 steals, shot 51% overall, 77% on FTs, and 33% from distance during his SR year. He had nine 40pt games and his season low was 19pts.

He's a walking bucket, but looks like he can stuff the statsheet.

1 hour ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

Basnett reports that he avg'd 7.3 rebounds, 4.9 assists, 2.4 steals, shot 51% overall, 77% on FTs, and 33% from distance during his SR year. He had nine 40pt games and his season low was 19pts.

He's a walking bucket, but looks like he can stuff the statsheet.

The crazy thing is if I had to guess he will come off the bench. I love that he said in an interview tagged in the article that he chose CU because there coach DIDNT promise him playing time as a freshman he wanted to earn it. He will need a little patience as we might have a top 3 backcourt in the league.

Also love the free throw numbers I don’t see anything terrible about his shot I’m hoping it will develop into an elite weapon. 

Edited by cjbowbros