Derrick Walker is N

GATA

22 minutes ago, Vinny said:

15-20 is my guess. 12-15 from Yvan and the rest from the field.

He'll get all 3.5 minutes from Andre, whom we're unlikely to see much of except for garbage time or when we have severe foul trouble. If Yvan is averaging 25.3 minutes per game, that will likely be cut to around 15, giving Walker 10 more. Lakes and Stevenson are averaging a combined 15 minutes per game, so there's another 5 minutes for Walker.

Add 'em up, and that's about 18-20 for Walker. We may not see Andre and Stevenson much at all from here on out.

Im not saying Walker is the greatest thing since its only his 1st game, but call me stupid cause he looks night and day from Yvan.  Seriously from screens, pick and roll, defense, attacking the rim, scoring, he looks like a spark and a vital piece.  Something about the way he plays that makes him look like a big 10 player then what we've had

13 minutes ago, coughunter said:

Im not saying Walker is the greatest thing since its only his 1st game, but call me stupid cause he looks night and day from Yvan.  Seriously from screens, pick and roll, defense, attacking the rim, scoring, he looks like a spark and a vital piece.  Something about the way he plays that makes him look like a big 10 player then what we've had

He's had a few "stone hands" plays so far, but outside of that, he looks good for his first game in what... 18 months?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, 49r said:

Dang, for some reason I thought he was like just a sophomore and we would have him for a couple more years at least.

But, it is really great news anyway.  Very happy for Derrick and his family!  Sucks there won't be a full house of fans there to honor him.

I would guess we would honor him

Again next year on senior night? Hopefully in front of fans

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I do believe he has a career as a writer when basketball is over.  Excellent read!

"I'm living proof now that if you work hard and do the right things, God will bless you"

Perhaps he has a future as a writer, but apparently not as a theologian. 😆

In seriousness, that was indeed a good read and Derrick is an even easier player to root for now.  Love his attitude and I'm very glad that he's one of our guys.