I think Piatkowski and Easley will both be important pieces going forward

1 hour ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

I think both will not be remembered as walk-ons but as major contributors. I have followed basketball for years and can't remember someone as good/highly ranked as Easley walking on at a major program. Both guys may end up being the sleepers of the entire first recruiting class.

Luke Maye had offers from Clemson and Notre Dame and chose to walk on at UNC

3 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Tanner scored 143 career points in 863 minutes.

This past season, Borchardt had 716 minutes total, with 432 minutes in B1G play (including 11 starts). Overall, he averaged 20 minutes per game) and had 17 starts due to Copeland going down. Tanner finished his Senior season shooting 48-79 from the field (27-46 in B1G), 23-40 FT (14-23 from the line in B1G); and #20 grabbed 167 rebounds, and scored 119 points this past season. Pretty decent impact for an O-Lineman who made himself into a serviceable Big Ten Basketball Big Man.

Career stats for the whole roster can be found here: http://www.huskers.com//pdf9/5478841.pdf

Could play important roles especially when you consider that the staff wants 2-3 redshirts a year. Add that in with a couple injuries or a recruiting miss or two and one of these two walk ons could find themselves in the mix for playing time.

16 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

This past season, Borchardt had 716 minutes total, with 432 minutes in B1G play (including 11 starts). Overall, he averaged 20 minutes per game) and had 17 starts due to Copeland going down. Tanner finished his Senior season shooting 48-79 from the field (27-46 in B1G), 23-40 FT (14-23 from the line in B1G); and #20 grabbed 167 rebounds, and scored 119 points this past season. Pretty decent impact for an O-Lineman who made himself into a serviceable Big Ten Basketball Big Man.

Career stats for the whole roster can be found here: http://www.huskers.com//pdf9/5478841.pdf

This is a better version of what I had posted; To me Borchardt was impactful here and it's possible we don't make the NIT in either years.

7 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

This is a better version of what I had posted; To me Borchardt was impactful here and it's possible we don't make the NIT in either years.

Tanner Borchardt became one of my favorite Huskers from this past season. Dude balled out. Proud of the transformation he made to be able to contribute. And when his number was called, he delivered. Same "readiness" could be stated for Johnny Trueblood in those final 6 games.