Kevin Cross is N

20 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

As far as sloppy body, yeah, he's that. Would love to see what added explosiveness we could get out of him with some hard work in strength and conditioning.  See him drop 15# of fat and add 10# of muscle and play at 235# as a freshman? He could probably handle that between now and August.

I should add, Norm, I'm just a sloppy body American. I am the definition of skinny fat. 

Edited by basketballjones

21 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

Busted out my photo editing skillz again to play "How Tall is Kevin Cross?"

Derrick Walker is 6-8. I've seen enough to believe that Kevin Cross is at least 6-7 1/2 and very close to 6-8. Interesting though how his chin and mouth are far lower than Walker's. 

Cross 2.jpg

Kevin and Fred are closer to the camera than in Walker's picture... or... Kevin just has a bigger head and longer face.

Just now, Silverbacked1 said:

Kevin and Fred are closer to the camera than in Walker's picture... or... Kevin just has a bigger head and longer face.

Fred is the same distance in each picture, hence the white line matching up the top of his head and bottom of his chin. 

Now Cross might be a bit closer to the camera than Walker. But he definitely has a bigger head/longer face. 

1 hour ago, GoBigFred said:

Busted out my photo editing skillz again to play "How Tall is Kevin Cross?"

Derrick Walker is 6-8. I've seen enough to believe that Kevin Cross is at least 6-7 1/2 and very close to 6-8. Interesting though how his chin and mouth are far lower than Walker's. 

Cross 2.jpg

...but which way does his knee bend?

On 5/15/2019 at 2:13 PM, GoBigFred said:

Fred is the same distance in each picture, hence the white line matching up the top of his head and bottom of his chin.

There's some sort of perspective difference (maybe the photographers were of varying heights), because the reference points in the background, don't match up.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:31 AM, busticket said:

So when do we get the cool tweet from the athletic department?  

On 5/15/2019 at 11:57 AM, Faux Mike Peltz said:

The best basketball player with the least defined arms has to be Jokic in Denver.

Speaking of...

The official flex post was tweeted out yesterday and I have to say... KEVIN!! was probably using the flex emoji in all his tweets, because he knows he needs to get his ass into S&C as soon as he steps on campus.

Unlike Carl Drogo, there are approximately ZERO BOULDERS in this picture...

KEVIN.png

A few things about Cross.

As a Junior he was 2nd team all state and first team in class 5A.  His MaxPreps profile listed him at 6'6" 215#

As a Senior he was 2nd team all state and first team in class 4A.  His MaxPreps profile listed him at 6'8" 240#

(Arkansas: Biggest 16 schools = 7A, next 16 = 6A, next 32 = 5A, next 48 = 4A)

His rankings on Arkansas Basketball Boys Rankings

June 26, 2017: Not in top 25, not in honorable mentions

Jan 9, 2018: Ranked #16 in the state

Feb 14, 2019: Ranked #10 in the state

April 30, 2019: Ranked #4 in the state

One other thing: Pictured next to Kevin is his father who is approximately the same height as Kevin.  Are we absolutely sure he's stopped growing?

D5Q9gYyW4AAcaSH.jpg

On 5/21/2019 at 8:09 AM, hhcmatt said:

One other thing: Pictured next to Kevin is his father who is approximately the same height as Kevin.  Are we absolutely sure he's stopped growing?

In your photo, looking at the eyes and shoulders, I'd approximate that dad has him by an inch. In the one below (from graduation a few days ago), it looks like it might be more. Combine that with the fact that his mother looks to be of above-average height, and he may not be maxed out just yet.

cross.png

2 hours ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

In your photo, looking at the eyes and shoulders, I'd approximate that dad has him by an inch. In the one below (from graduation a few days ago), it looks like it might be more. Combine that with the fact that his mother looks to be of above-average height, and he may not be maxed out just yet.

cross.png

Mom and Dad are likely standing on their tip toes

Tiptoe Slipped GIF - Tiptoe Slipped GIFs