Yvan Ouedraogo is N

blank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVqSVD558LA

Paul Millsap when he was at Louisiana Tech is my comparison. Great rebounding instincts, very physical, uses his body well but played below the rim most of the time. Tyler Cook was an unbelievable athlete and very polished at that age. I remember watching his high school highlights and seeing him do in-game windmill dunks regularly.

16 hours ago, royalfan said:

I would assume by saying "next year" he meant "this year."  I would still consider the upcoming season to be "next year" right or wrong.  I suppose technically wrong since the school year at UNL is over.  

I was poking fun at myself. I'm the guy who always talks about "next year" and then has people gripe at me for not talking about this year.

3 hours ago, NUtball said:

Great addition.

Get that darned English proficiency (or English as second language) paperwork in order!

I remember being at a golf scramble at Quarry Oaks when the news hit (the university, not publicly) that Brian Diaz was not going to be eligible because he hadn't taken the English language test and hadn't attended a school that taught primarily in English and that English was his 2nd language.  While we were waiting at one of the tee boxes that was a bit backed up, the guy in the cart ahead of our group, who happened to be in the compliance office at the University, goes from being relaxed and sipping his beer to suddenly being in a lengthy, heated discussion on his cell phone I'm assuming with Doc Sadler.  One of the guys in his group told us kind of the back story of what was going on.  They didn't want to tell us who they were talking about but it was pretty obvious given what we knew as guys who followed the team. And it was pretty evident that whoever was on the other end of that phone call was seriously pissed.

Edited by Norm Peterson

44 minutes ago, busticket said:

Isn’t it nice when you recruit an undersized 6’7” center and he shows up on campus at 6’9” and 260 lbs?  Normally works in reverse.

I am just absolutely blown away by how big they say this kid is.  And he's not fat.  He's just built.

Of the two HS bigs, this was the one I wanted.  And this just solidifies that view all the more.  You put it exactly right.  You thought we were recruiting an undersized kid who just plays big.  But then he shows up and he's big as hell.  And he's still only 2 months past his 17th birthday, so there's a good chance he's still growing.

3 hours ago, busticket said:

Isn’t it nice when you recruit an undersized 6’7” center and he shows up on campus at 6’9” and 260 lbs?  Normally works in reverse.

This still just blows me away.  Can't get over what a fortuitous turn of events this is.

Would love to know his wingspan and vertical.

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I am just absolutely blown away by how big they say this kid is.  And he's not fat.  He's just built.

13 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

This still just blows me away.  Can't get over what a fortuitous turn of events this is. Would love to know his wingspan and vertical.

We should probably wait until someone digs up the pic of him standing next to Hoiberg at Hendricks before we can definitively say one way or the other.

1 hour ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

We should probably wait until someone digs up the pic of him standing next to Hoiberg at Hendricks before we can definitively say one way or the other.

Well, the University said in their press release tweet that he's 6-9 and 260. His bio on the roster at Huskers.com says he's 6-9 and 260, so we know it wasn't a typo. And the LJS reported he's 6-9 and 240, and they also says he has a nearly 7 ft wingspan.

So, I'm just wondering what his vertical is.

10 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Well, the University said in their press release tweet that he's 6-9 and 260.

But is it really official official unless we can go into MS Paint and draw lines from the top of Hoiberg's head over to Carl Drogo's nose? Pretty sure we'll be seeing those Paint diagrams in the Media Guide next year (to back-up any height claims).

• 10 months later...