Now get Ntambwe and Cross and tell TCU to pound sand.

Tues. we will know about Cross. Ntambwe, does anyone know anything? He has gone radio silence. I do think Ouedraogo is a tremendous acquisition especially considering his age. One doesn't often see young men with that kind of muscular development as well as coordination. Imagine what he will do with the strength and conditioning complex at NU, and the staff's coaching. I predict in a couple of years commentators around the college world will be wondering how the elite programs didn't see him.

15 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

It would be nice to know cross’s actual size. If he’s 6’6” I don’t know if he’s a take. If he’s 6’8” I think he’s a take. We don’t seem to be leaving scholarships for 2020 like some thought we would at this rate 

I am not worried about height.  Hoiberg does pretty good with length and athleticism.  As for scholarships, Hoiberg will have 3 available next year.  You do not want too much roster turnover each year.  Plus, it would not surprise me if 1-2 kids leave a year under Hoiberg (which is not much different than Miles' normal turnover). 

3 hours ago, Donkey said:

I am not worried about height.  Hoiberg does pretty good with length and athleticism.  As for scholarships, Hoiberg will have 3 available next year.  You do not want too much roster turnover each year.  Plus, it would not surprise me if 1-2 kids leave a year under Hoiberg (which is not much different than Miles' normal turnover). 

This. His most fun teams to watch have been teams without a true big. Almost like he prefers it that way.

People better used to the Scott Frost equivalent on the basketball floor. Trying to outscore people to win.

5 hours ago, Donkey said:

When it was Miles, the turnover was a big problem every year. Will the same people who bashed Miles for people leaving at the end of every season be consistent if/when people leave under Hoiberg? I mean, if it's a problem it's a problem.

19 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

When it was Miles, the turnover was a big problem every year. Will the same people who bashed Miles for people leaving at the end of every season be consistent if/when people leave under Hoiberg? I mean, if it's a problem it's a problem.

I didn’t bash Miles for it, but not all turnover is created equally. Losing White, Jacobson and even Morrow ended up being pretty devastating. It’s tough losing those kinds of players. 

Losing Serg, Evelyn, Hammond means nothing. 

2 hours ago, GATA said:

I didn’t bash Miles for it, but not all turnover is created equally. Losing White, Jacobson and even Morrow ended up being pretty devastating. It’s tough losing those kinds of players. 

Losing Serg, Evelyn, Hammond means nothing. 

If the shoe doesn't fit, don't worry about it.

I agree: Losing Serg, Bakari and Jake don't mean much.  Losing Ed, Jake and Jordy hurt but for different reasons. A lot of us recognized that transfers were a part of the game now and we have been on the winning side of enough transfers in the last several years that we can hardly complain about the guys who have left.

I'm cool with the way Hoiberg has cleared roster space. As I understand it, this is really the only year he has some free reign to do so.

(Does anyone else out there understand the reference of being given free reign?)

5 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

To be fair, no one cared when Deverell Biggs, Sergej Vucetic, Nick Fuller, Nathan Hawkins, Tarin Smith, Jacob Hammond,  Jack McVeigh, Jordy Tshminga, and Bakari Evelyn left.  That is an average of slightly more than 1 player a year leaving.  Most people were upset when Walter Pitchford, Andrew White, Ed Morrow, Michael Jacobson, and Jeriah Horne left.  Its one thing where a player leaves when it is clear his playing time will be limited.  Its another when the player will be getting high minutes and still chooses to leave.  With Hoiberg I expect more people leaving who fall into the former category instead of the latter.   

11 hours ago, Donkey said:

Going to have the quick explosive leapers which are ideal imo as they can more easily switch and check guards etc.  

The thing I like about this staff is that they are proactive with the transfer rules.  In almost every other program, the transfer rules make players’ commitments wishy washy at all times, which is a bit scary.  With Hoiberg, he clearly has zero guilt about upgrading the roster with transfer talent.  So rather than being begged to stay, players are going to have to bust their asses to not be replaced in the next round of free agency.  It’s a totally NBA GM approach.  Miles was halfway toward that mentality, but Fred is all in.  His system will attract way more high level interest.  We’re going to get NBA players regularly.  

On 5/11/2019 at 10:02 PM, khoock said:

FWIW 247 predicts Kevin Cross as an Okie State commit

To add context: it's one OSU writer with a 50% accuracy rate, who made the prediction before KEVIN!!'s visit to TCU (a few days after his visit to OSU).

18 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I think it's a problem when it comes as a surprise from your core group of players. Not as problematic when it's a troublemaker or end of the bench guy. Also, at this point, I'm willing to believe that this staff will be able to replace a player with someone just as good or better.