Shamiel Stevenson is N

hhcmatt

1 hour ago, thrasher31 said:

That's my thought process as well. I understand they were trying to ensure everything was done right so I can't fault them for that. 

Someone remind me. We're trying to turn last year into a redshirt year correct? So he'd be a redshirt sophomore and Essentially gaining back a year of eligibility. Correct?

I think he is going to be a junior whether he plays now or at semester's end. The waiver is just for immediate eligibility. Thats atleast how I understand it.

15 hours ago, khoock said:

I think he is going to be a junior whether he plays now or at semester's end. The waiver is just for immediate eligibility. Thats atleast how I understand it.

That is how I see it as well. If he is immediately eligible he is a junior.

however If he is not eligible till second half I think they would have a case to get 2 more years after that since he has only played 1.5 seasons and has sat a whole season as redshirt transfer. That would give him 4 years of PT. Doubt they are exploring that but who knows.

Edited by Art Vandalay

1 hour ago, Art Vandalay said:

That is how I see it as well. If he is immediately eligible he is a junior.

however If he is not eligible till second half I think they would have a case to get 2 more years after that since he has only played 1.5 seasons and has sat a whole season as redshirt transfer. That would give him 4 years of PT. Doubt they are exploring that buy who knows.

I believe they're trying to argue last year should be a redshirt year. He only played in four games at Pitt before transfering to Nevada at semester. If the was cleared, he'd be a sophomore with three full years to play.

On 11/5/2019 at 10:39 AM, uneblinstu said:

I believe they're trying to argue last year should be a redshirt year. He only played in four games at Pitt before transfering to Nevada at semester. If the was cleared, he'd be a sophomore with three full years to play.

I think this is why they took their time filing for the waiver. I think they wouldve gotten it easily if they were fine with him classified as a junior. Much more concerned with getting him classified as a sophmore than playing in this years non con