Shamiel Stevenson is N

hhcmatt

18 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Regarding the N.C.A.A., there is one comfort which can be taken: the certainty and ease of finding gainful employment should a person fall on hard times. For qualifications one needs only to be alive. Being stupid and sanctimonious ensures a fast ascent....

I still don’t get why they don’t have a hard deadline for receiving waivers and granting waivers - probably too beneficial to the student athlete for the NCAAs liking.

If he's ineligible this semester, he'll miss 11 games:

• Four season-opening home games (probably not too big of a problem)
  • Three in the Cayman Islands (may make a difference in overall record, but probably only in the opening game against WSU — if we go to the loser's bracket without him, we could still win a couple)
  • Two road games against power-conference foes Georgia Tech and North Omaha (big problem)
  • Two conference games at Indiana and home against Purdue (reduces our chances at an upset)

His first eligibility would be at home against North Dakota on Dec. 21, the day after final exams end. He would be eligible for 20 regular-season games and all post-season games.

Right?

30 minutes ago, HuskerDaysFan said:

If I were the NCAA I would say "NO". My reason would be, Fred Hoiberg asked players to leave. When a coach does that  then the team doesn't need players!!

Every Division 1 head coach has “asked players to leave.” Some call it a mutual decision, some are a little more honest. 
But Hoiberg and Nebraska have nothing to do with the NCAA’s decision. It’s all based on Shamiel’s personal situation at his previous school(s).

1 hour ago, HuskerDaysFan said:

If I were the NCAA I would say "NO". My reason would be, Fred Hoiberg asked players to leave. When a coach does that  then the team doesn't need players!!

The first time you posted this, I disagreed with it ... but after you posted it again, I completely agree. 

Post it a 3rd time in a couple of hours, and you'll probably convince everyone. 

6 hours ago, HuskerDaysFan said:

The thing I don't get is that none of your screen names make any sense.  "Kidney"?  WTF?  "KearneyMan"?  Pretty lame.  "HuskerDaysFan"?   What does that even mean?  Come on man, step up your game!  If you're going to troll, do a good job of it at least, it's not that difficult!

Edited by Dead Dog Alley

On 11/1/2019 at 4:03 PM, jayschool said:

If he's ineligible this semester, he'll miss 11 games:

• Four season-opening home games (probably not too big of a problem)
  • Three in the Cayman Islands (may make a difference in overall record, but probably only in the opening game against WSU — if we go to the loser's bracket without him, we could still win a couple)
  • Two road games against power-conference foes Georgia Tech and North Omaha (big problem)
  • Two conference games at Indiana and home against Purdue (reduces our chances at an upset)

His first eligibility would be at home against North Dakota on Dec. 21, the day after final exams end. He would be eligible for 20 regular-season games and all post-season games.

Right?

Ok, it’s 434 am an I can’t sleep....so maybe that’s why I’m asking this.  Is he going to miss the first game of every season he’s here? I’d think there’s only one season opening game follows by 3 other games. Is there a game between the first 4 and second 3 that he can play? Just confused on what you mean by he is going to miss “Four season-opening home games”

2 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

Ok, it’s 434 am an I can’t sleep....so maybe that’s why I’m asking this.  Is he going to miss the first game of every season he’s here? I’d think there’s only one season opening game follows by 3 other games. Is there a game between the first 4 and second 3 that he can play? Just confused on what you mean by he is going to miss “Four season-opening home games”

We open the season with four consecutive home games.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:39 PM, Dead Dog Alley said:

The thing I don't get is that none of your screen names make any sense.  "Kidney"?  WTF?  "KearneyMan"?  Pretty lame.  "HuskerDaysFan"?   What does that even mean?  Come on man, step up your game!  If you're going to troll, do a good job of it at least, it's not that difficult!

Well dont know those other nick guys. As for my nick it stands for something  personal to me. Which you can take it this way, it's not your business!

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

We submitted the waiver way to late I think.

Yeah, I heard either Bas or Washut on the radio said that waivers usually drop Friday, thinking we won't hear a peep until then. Really sucks for Shamiel - yet another situation where the biggest victim is the student athlete. He has two coaches leave their school with out consequence but here he is finally on a team with a coach he committed to - and he can't play.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

We submitted the waiver way to late I think.

That's my thought process as well. I understand they were trying to ensure everything was done right so I can't fault them for that. 

Someone remind me. We're trying to turn last year into a redshirt year correct? So he'd be a redshirt sophomore and Essentially gaining back a year of eligibility. Correct?