Shamiel Stevenson is N

hhcmatt

This guy should be a REAL difference maker for us. He's got an inside/outside game, a B1G body and has actually PLAYED at a high D1 level (unlike the Frosh) It will be interesting to see how Fred divides up the teams for the scrimmage, or if he changes it up throughout to see how different players & combos of players work together.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, thrasher31 said:

I'm assuming it has just haven't seen anything on it, but I'm curious anyways . Has anyone heard if Stevenson's waiver got submitted? Some schools are hearing back on whether or not they can play next year. Haven't seen anything on Stevenson yet. 

Hoiberg was asked about it at his presser and i believe his response was something along the lines of "im not going to comment on that right now"

I am not about to be overly critical as it is early and early practices can be harder on some, than others.  That said, he looked a bit out of shape and/or slow.  He also appeared to be somewhat un-motivated.  But again it is early and the dude has a BiG10 body.

I won't mention names but another player on the team needs to lay off the donuts.  The dude has sort of a Dad-bod.  

33 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I am not about to be overly critical as it is early and early practices can be harder on some, than others.  That said, he looked a bit out of shape and/or slow.  He also appeared to be somewhat un-motivated.  But again it is early and the dude has a BiG10 body.

I won't mention names but another player on the team needs to lay off the donuts.  The dude has sort of a Dad-bod.  

You don’t have to name names.

He loves his mama’s home cookin.

10 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

But why specifically mention Shamiel but not another player?? 😂

On 9/28/2019 at 8:25 AM, khoock said:

But why specifically mention Shamiel but not another player?? 😂

Ummm, because this is a thread about Shamiel.  The "other dude" is easily identified by anyone who attended the event or has seen video of him.  Not meant to be disrespectful to him, because I think what we see now, and what we see within the next several months may be a bit, or perhaps significantly different.

• 1 month later...

I assume Shamiel won't play in the exhibition. Won't play until the NCAA rules on his eligibility. But, say they finally get back to us 10 games into the season and say, yep, he gets a waiver ...

That decision to wait to file the waiver request might come back to bite us.

Of course, we might hear tomorrow.  And that'd be great. But we still won't see him tonight and it would have been nice to have him get some reps in live action.

4 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I assume Shamiel won't play in the exhibition. Won't play until the NCAA rules on his eligibility. But, say they finally get back to us 10 games into the season and say, yep, he gets a waiver ...

That decision to wait to file the waiver request might come back to bite us.

Of course, we might hear tomorrow.  And that'd be great. But we still won't see him tonight and it would have been nice to have him get some reps in live action.

My worry too.  If they do these in order, there are still 50+ people waiting on a waiver.

10 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

My worry too.  If they do these in order, there are still 50+ people waiting on a waiver.

What is this the DMV?  Even if there was 1000 people in front of him they should have it done in a week.  There has to be more than one person looking at this paperwork right?  8 hours in a day, should be a minimum of two people per NCAA worker per day.  I am assume they have to have a good 100+ people that look that stuff over.

1 minute ago, big red22 said:

What is this the DMV?  Even if there was 1000 people in front of him they should have it done in a week.  There has to be more than one person looking at this paperwork right?  8 hours in a day, should be a minimum of two people per NCAA worker per day.  I am assume they have to have a good 100+ people that look that stuff over.

I say the following in a very joking way-

You must be new to the NCAA?

They are one of the more screwed up organizations in how they do things or decisions they make. They claim they care about student athletes, but they have proven they dont.

On 10/30/2019 at 3:36 PM, big red22 said:

You think there are 100 people assigned to look at NCAA waivers?  I think you are high by about 98.