Letter to the Editor

21 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Thoughts...A ridiculous stance. So Nebraska basketball is some sort of Samurai style program. Its about honor before all and falling on your sword? A new guy gets his people. Those are rules. Its his head on the chopping block. He gets to pick what sword to fall on. Jeez people there's a freaking portal for a reason. And its not because Nebraska is the only school this happens at. You want that nostalgialistic view. Go watch Hoosiers. 

Edited by cornfed24-7
Sp

Just now, cornfed24-7 said:

Thoughts...A ridiculous stance. So Nebraska basketball is some sort of Samurai style program. Its about honor before all and falling on your sword? A new guy gets his people. Those are rules. Its his head on the chopping block. He gets pick what sword to fall on. Jeez people there's a freaking portal for a reason. And its not because Nebraska is the only school this happens at. You want that nostalgialistic view. Go watch Hoosiers. 

lol..I agree. I'm not sure what kind of meds she's taking.  I just was wondering what everyone's thoughts were and if anyone had a clue who else thought the way she did.  

25 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

I hope the Jennifer gal is not here on Huskerhoops central because what I am about to say is not very nice.

That letter is idiotic at best. We can still do things the right way and yet some peoples feelings might get hurt.

We dont know exactly what was said to Amir/Karrington and so on, but lets just relax a bit. If those guys werent a part of the plan, Fred has every right to ask them to move on.

While he can pull the persons scholarship from our count, if Amir or Karrington wanted to stay at Nebraska for an education they would still have a full ride(or at least how I have read it).

He was up front and honest with them and now they have an option to go find a place that can utilize their skills. 

If we want to win(which we do) we might need to grow up a bit. 

19 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Hey Jennifer........ Put yourself in this situation......

-You get set up on a blind date with a guy out of your league. (Fred Hoiberg).  He has money, looks, ties to the best DEFENSIVE aging DOC around, and a bright future ahead:

Would you rather:

A- Get led on for a year, thinking you're going to have a future with him.  Until you realize that you were just being used as a piece of meat (scout team), taking a precious year (or 2) away from you finding the right fit.

Or 

B- Get told before the end of dinner, "Hey, this isn't going to work.  I'm sorry.  You seem like a great person, but our time together is done.  I hope you can find a situation that works for you.  Best of luck."

26 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

That is, wow. She doesn't seem to understand that this staff is attempting to do what's best for both parties. I doubt the players will be happy in a system where they are getting little to no minutes, while Hoiberg brings in guys that fit his system. Sometimes cleaning house is best for everyone. Also, this "we are holier than thou" talk is what gets us made fun of quite often. Let our actions speak to our character, not beat our chest about how morally superior we are. 

1 minute ago, SkersHoops said:

Hey Jennifer........ Put yourself in this situation......

-You get set up on a blind date with a guy out of your league. (Fred Hoiberg).  He has money, looks, ties to the best DEFENSIVE aging DOC around, and a bright future ahead:

Would you rather:

A- Get led on for a year, thinking you're going to have a future with him.  Until you realize that you were just being used as a piece of meat (scout team), taking a precious year (or 2) away from you finding the right fit.

Or 

B- Get told before the end of dinner, "Hey, this isn't going to work.  I'm sorry.  You seem like a great person, but our time together is done.  I hope you can find a situation that works for you.  Best of luck."

Jennifer seems like the type that would probably be asking to speak with the manager before the date was even over because her chicken wasnt cooked right.

7 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but someone like Amir Harris could chose to remain here on a non-basketball scholarship, right?

Probably could, but if you want to play basketball why would you?  I don't know...maybe I missed something.  Does he no longer want to play basketball and just go to school? 

5 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

Probably could, but if you want to play basketball why would you?  I don't know...maybe I missed something.  Does he no longer want to play basketball and just go to school? 

Sorry if I caused confusion by using someone's name. Harris absolutely wants to keep on playing college basketball and it's why he's transferring. 

53 minutes ago, LNKtrnsplnt said:

I don’t know. I (and many others) were left feeling pretty spited after many of our favorite players transferred out. I’m sure Amir/kd/and Brady now feel similarly. I get it’s the nature of the business. But it does feel kinda gross. I think it’s a valid take. 

I understand where you're coming from but aren't you doing guys a bigger disservices by keeping them on the team but probably never getting the chance to play because their skill set doesn't match what you are looking for? 

42 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I thought the part about Jesus supporting the death penalty was wild but confusing when it came to Husker basketball.  (maybe I read to far down on the page)

This marks the first and last time I read the opinion page. And I thought sports talk and message boards were full of hot takes..