Nebraska vs. Northwestern Series Game Thread

32 minutes ago, brfrad said:

When we lose this game you can shoot our chances.  I could understand having a rough day and the opposing pitcher having the game of his life.  This offense has been shut down by everybody since the Purdue series.  I would be feeling terrible if I was a Purdue pitcher.

Yeah looking at it, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa will all be ahead of us in the pecking order. No way B1G gets 5 in. 

Not watching, but reading the tweets about errors and guys running into each other is discouraging.  Very discouraging.  This feels a lot like the basketball season in a nutshell.  Big early wins with a few losses to solid teams.  Then we follow that up by struggling hard in conference against the top level teams and now have moved on to struggling against NW.

Edited by hskr4life

30 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Where is a Power Hitter?  We play in a small ballpark and are trying to play small ball.  Mediocrity has been our hallmark in baseball lately.

But that’s the thing...we really don’t even try to play small ball. 

This offense doesnt have an identity and it’s been that way for awhile under Erstad. He’s lost. 

4 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Alot of A&M fans think Childress should be canned - call him "Regional Rob", and are all over him about skipping a game this weekend to see his daughter graduate in Lincoln. Come on back home coach.

I believe he makes close to 800K so we would have to pony up. Not that money is an issue. 

Unfortunately, it’s not happening. We are stuck with Erstad until he decides to retire or takes a jump to pro ball. Bad baseball will remain in Lincoln until Erstad decides he needs help or figures out that having an identity and recruiting to it is important. 

8 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Our NU gets that run back after back-to-back extra base hits in the top of the 6th, 3-1 Big Red. Four extra base hits today is a nice change.....

Palensky up now. Big at-bat to make it 4-1 while writing this !! GBR !!!

The Fact that we're dominating this game, yet only up 4-1 concerns me!