After two years...

22 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I know this is a minor thing but after two years it would be nice if we used Thorir's correct name.

I looked it up and Thor and Thorir are not the same or even close.

Okay now I that I got that off my chest, we can continue to cut him from this team.

Great point, Sil.

41 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Great point, Sil.

I know this is a minor thing but after 43 minutes it would be nice if we used Silverback's correct name.

I looked it up and Sil and Silverback are not the same or even close.

Okay now that I got that off my chest, we can continue to cut him from this message board.

1 hour ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I know this is a minor thing but after two years it would be nice if we used Thorir's correct name.

Okay now I that I got that off my chest, we can continue to cut him from this team.

Thanks for this @Silverbacked1, I often times think our fans are a little disrespectful to the guys on the team for one reason or another.  Thorir isn't that hard of a name to pronounce.

I've always kind of liked his game, but he's probably just a little bit overmatched at the Big Ten level.

1 hour ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

I know this is a minor thing but after two years it would be nice if we used Þórir Þorbjarnarson's correct name.

I looked it up and Thorir and Þórir are not the same or even close.

what you wrote is really his given name, but I don't think most on here could spell it in Icelandic.??

Edited by Silverbacked1

3 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

what you wrote is really his given name, but I don't think most if the buttmunch asshats on here would know what the hell I was writing so I just tried to prove a small point, by using the English spelling.

Sorry to piss in your breakfast cereal there, Checkers

Oh man, I just LOL'd multiple times at various points of this response.  Silver, you've outdone yourself! ???

Checkers

2 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

what you wrote is really his given name, but I don't think most on here could spell it in Icelandic.??

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

??

Actually, if you look at your original post, I "reacted" with the "Haha". So I wasn't being critical, I was messing around, by using your original post format and taking it a step further.

Also...

2 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

A-a-a-a-a-ahem...

.. ahem ..

I know this is a minor thing but after seven years it would be nice if we used Searching 4 Chester Surles' correct name.

I looked it up and Checkers and Chester are not the same or even close.

... wait, wut?

14 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Disagree to a point. I know the correct spelling but I think of Thor as more of a nickname...and I am also lazy.

20 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Disagree to a point. I know the correct spelling but I think of Thor as more of a nickname...and I am also lazy.

That’s how I looked at it.  The Norse god of thunder and lightning is a pretty sweet nickname.

10 hours ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

Checkers

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

??

Actually, if you look at your original post, I "reacted" with the "Haha". So I wasn't being critical, I was messing around, by using your original post format and taking it a step further.

Also...

A-a-a-a-a-ahem...

.. ahem ..

I know this is a minor thing but after seven years it would be nice if we used Searching 4 Chester Surles' correct name.

I looked it up and Checkers and Chester are not the same or even close.

... wait, wut?

Yeah already said that wasn't what I needed or really wanted to say.. Wife had just chewed me out about something and I took it out on the wrong people.

But all on here wouldn't want to spell his name in Icelandic.?

It's OK, Silver. We all need a little ventrification every now and then. The fact you got chewed out by your wife just means you're lucky enough to have one.

For what it's worth, if my name was Thorir, I'd go by Thor.  Because it's a kick-ass nickname. @Kent Pavelka can't call you "God of THUNDER!" if you go by Thorir. Just doesn't work.

15 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Yeah if you look I changed that.  Just had gotten done being yelled at by the Wife and kind of took it out on the wrong people.

Sorry about that guys!

I want to know who the right person to take out this anger on was ?

17 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Yeah if you look I changed that.  Just had gotten done being yelled at by the Wife and kind of took it out on the wrong people.

Sorry about that guys!

What I like is that you used 'wife' as a proper noun.  Very telling right there. 

8 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Yeah already said that wasn't what I needed or really wanted to say.. Wife had just chewed me out about something and I took it out on the wrong people.

But all on here wouldn't want to spell his name in Icelandic.?

Haha. Sorry about the wife tirade. Was just busting your balls (at the wrong time, apparently). No worries Slither.

10 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Þhis Þread is off Þe hook

Bhis bread is off be hook? Bhis bread? Sounds tasty.