Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Norm Peterson

2020 Hoiberg Offers/targets

Recommended Posts

2020

 

HS:

Dain Dainja, 6-8 4-star PF, #40 on Rivals 150

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/dain-dainja-206190

 

Bryce Thompson, 6-3 4-star SG, #59 on Rivals 150

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/bryce-thompson-200857

 

Nahiem Alleyne, 6-3 unranked SG, formerly offered by St. John's

https://247sports.com/player/nahiem-alleyne-46056536/

 

Ben Carlson, 6-9 4-star PF, #84 on Rivals 150

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/ben-carlson-206964

 

CJ Wilcher, 6-5 4-star SF, #101 on Rivals 150

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/c-j-wilcher-208376

 

Deivon Smith, 5-11 4-star PG, #51 on Rivals 150

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/deivon-smith-233594

 

Eric Gaines, 6-2 PG from Georgia

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/eric-gaines-ga

 

Christian Wright, 6-3 PG from Georgia

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/christian-wright-222375

 

Kerwin Walton, 6-5 4-star SG, #120 on Rivals 150

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/kerwin-walton-232884

 

Davion Bradford, 6-10 PF, #130 on Rivals 150

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/davion-bradford-185536

 

Dylan Branson, unranked 2-star 6-5 SG/OL from St. Louis. Apparently, this is actually a thing.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/dylan-branson

 

Dawson Garcia, 6-10 4-star PF, #35 on Rivals 150

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/dawson-garcia-208758

 

Luke Kasubke, 6-4 SG, #134 on Rivals 150

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/luke-kasubke-210753

 

Donovan Williams, 6-5 4-star SG, #93 on Rivals 150

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/donovan-williams-221630

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

I think the thing that surprises me the most about this list... is the number of dudes on it, that ARE NOT 6'5".

 

Like roughly 70% of this list is not 6'5". What gives?

 

In fairness, there's a 6-4 guy on the list who was trying like hell to get to 6-5. It just hasn't happened for him yet. Maybe it will. He still has hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

35

40

51

59

84

93

101

120

130

134

 

My guess is someone's going to re-open his recruitment and it isn't going to be Donovan Williams.

Hmmm, see what you are getting at. Idk, I always liked his game. It's really good having a foothold in that state and that city. I think there may be a time for opening it up, but for now we should see how the rest of his summer goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BmoreRed said:

Hmmm, see what you are getting at. Idk, I always liked his game. It's really good having a foothold in that state and that city. I think there may be a time for opening it up, but for now we should see how the rest of his summer goes. 

 

We're not casting a wide net of 2020 offers if we're only looking to add 1 more player. Those offers represent point guards, wings and bigs. We're in on some damn good players. I agree with you, but his weakest area is something our new coach wants as a strength.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that crossed my mind when thinking about Hoibergs high school recruiting is how much of it is gauged towards the future transfer market?

 

And what i mean by that is how many of these 2020 kids is he just trying to build a relationship with and get his foot in the door for when they transfer in 2021 or 2022?

 

I would guess that an ideal number of scholarships to be filling every year is 3 to 5. Which means if we are hitting that 2-3 RS transfer mark most years we are only bringing in a couple high school recruits every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, khoock said:

One thing that crossed my mind when thinking about Hoibergs high school recruiting is how much of it is gauged towards the future transfer market?

 

And what i mean by that is how many of these 2020 kids is he just trying to build a relationship with and get his foot in the door for when they transfer in 2021 or 2022?

 

I would guess that an ideal number of scholarships to be filling every year is 3 to 5. Which means if we are hitting that 2-3 RS transfer mark most years we are only bringing in a couple high school recruits every year.

 

I had wondered the same thing, my man. Seems like a smart strategy. Even if you miss out on them out of HS, you've got relationships established for when they decided to transfer a year or two from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I have things sorted out we have active offers out to the following guys (ordered by contact)

 

Tibet Görener 6-8 SF from Turkey (confirmed visit)

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/tibet-gorener

 

Eric Gaines, 6-2 PG from Georgia

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/eric-gaines-ga

 

Dylan Branson, unranked 2-star 6-5 SG/OL from St. Louis. Apparently, this is actually a thing.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/dylan-branson

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 10:15 AM, hhcmatt said:

If I have things sorted out we have active offers out to the following guys (ordered by contact)

 

Tibet Görener 6-8 SF from Turkey (confirmed visit)

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/tibet-gorener

 

Eric Gaines, 6-2 PG from Georgia

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/eric-gaines-ga

 

Dylan Branson, unranked 2-star 6-5 SG/OL from St. Louis. Apparently, this is actually a thing.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/dylan-branson

 


Regarding Branson, we were likely offering a package deal for him and C Davion Bradford, who committed to KSU.  Not sure we want Branson w/o the big, but he’s kind of like a Thor with range.  Nicely skilled player with zero athleticism.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...