Cam Mack is N

unl

Huskers land highly ranked PG as the heir apparent to Glynn Watson

Capture.JPG

Image courtesy of huskers.com

Mack had verbally committed on Saturday night during his on campus visit.  The JUCO All-Region guard at Salt Lake CC was previously a St. John's commit until their recent staff shakeup.  Mack originally signed with Stephen F. Austin out of high school for 2017-18 but ended up redshirting. He has 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Quote from HC Fred Hoiberg

We are excited to add Cam to our program,. “He possesses elite quickness and playmaking ability and his skillset will allow us to play an up-tempo style. With the graduation of Glynn Watson Jr., finding a lead guard was a priority for us this spring.”

Roster shaping up. 

View full article

Edited by unl

29 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

FOUND ANOTHER STARTER, TODAY! GBR !!!

Glad to have Mack aboard! Crazy few weeks of recruiting, and there's still more to come. 

With so many new pieces, having the Italy trip is especially timely ... and probably isn't hurting recruiting, along with the Caymen Islands trip.

But on a serious note, the World Herald needs to find a new photo for its recruiting tweets  and online stories - that thing does not crop in a flattering manner. Looks like they're playing smell my finger.

49 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Beyond HUGE!!! Tip of the cap to Royalfan and his brother’s friend... 

Don't want one or need one.  Just wanted to share with the board what I was told.  My first question to my brother was is your friend a guy that could mangle this, lol.  He said no, they had a great time and bullshitted the whole flight.  At the end of the day, all that matter is that he is N. 

Edited by royalfan

7 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Don't want one or need one.  Just wanted to share with the board what I was told.  My first question to my brother was is your friend a guy that could mangle this, lol.  He said no, they had a great time and bullshitted the whole flight.  At the end of the day, all that matter is that he is N. 

Thanks for sharing. Love the inside info this board provides. 

Nebraska gets its point guard in JUCO standout Mack

It was never much of a secret how important landing a true playmaking point guard was for new head coach Fred Hoiberg’s system to work at Nebraska.So when the Huskers secured the No. 1 target on their board at that position in junior college transfer

on Saturday night, Hoiberg and his staff’s reaction was about what you’d expect.

“I think you know how they reacted,” Mack laughed. “They were kind of super excited. I know Fred is jumping around right now.”

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/nebraska-gets-its-point-guard-in-juco-standout-mack

I’ll poke the Elephant in the room. Do all these recent commits increase the chances that Roby returns? Obviously he’s going to do what’s best for himself and his family, but if he’s not getting the feedback he’d hope for from the NBA, might all this incoming talent make his decision to return perhaps easier?

8 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I’ll poke the Elephant in the room. Do all these recent commits increase the chances that Roby returns? Obviously he’s going to do what’s best for himself and his family, but if he’s not getting the feedback he’d hope for from the NBA, might all this incoming talent make his decision to return perhaps easier?

I just don't see it mattering one way or another. If he's satisfied with his position and his toolset going into the draft, no reason for him to return. If he feels he's short--or the league does--he'd likely be back regardless of who's going to be on the roster. I just think he's going to go high enough to make this moot. 

10 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Needless to say, one would hope anyway.

1 hour ago, throwback said:

Glad to have Mack aboard! Crazy few weeks of recruiting, and there's still more to come. 

With so many new pieces, having the Italy trip is especially timely ... and probably isn't hurting recruiting, along with the Caymen Islands trip.

But on a serious note, the World Herald needs to find a new photo for its recruiting tweets  and online stories - that thing does not crop in a flattering manner. Looks like they're playing smell my finger.

Or pull it?  :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, tcp said:

I just don't see it mattering one way or another. If he's satisfied with his position and his toolset going into the draft, no reason for him to return. If he feels he's short--or the league does--he'd likely be back regardless of who's going to be on the roster. I just think he's going to go high enough to make this moot. 

the highest i've seen him listed on mock drafts is 28. unless a team guarantees to take him in the 1st round, i think coming back to nebraska will be a very attractive option. 

It’s also worth mentioning while the Big Red has been bathed in positive press, the Catholic School up in Omaha is knee deep in an FBI investigation. Every Juco All-American we add is only a reminder that the balance of power is shifting to it’s rightful place in the Star ⭐️ City...