Next years starting lineup.

Roster starting to take shape.

My guess is Dachon, Jervay, Haanif, and Cam take up almost all of the gaurd minutes. Three of those four will almost always be on the court at a time. Maybe even all 4 sometimes.

Akol Arop and Matej Kavas will be in the mix at the 4 with Shamiel Stevenson. Yvan Ouedraogo is the only bonafide "5" man have. Stevenson has the weight and length where we use him at the 5 in some matchups as well.

If Roby returns, thats 30+ minutes per game filled in the front court.

Can't recall the source but someone on this board mentioned that it wouldn't be surprising if Hoiberg lands a grad. transfer after the May 15 signing date. I may be wrong but I thought grad. transfers can sign anytime. If so, I expect a nice surprise (read: mobile big man!) signing on before the trip to Italy. I think Cross aims low and signs w/ the Cowboys, by the way.

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Roster starting to take shape.

My guess is Dachon, Jervay, Haanif, and Cam take up almost all of the gaurd minutes. Three of those four will almost always be on the court at a time. Maybe even all 4 sometimes.

Akol Arop and Matej Kavas will be in the mix at the 4 with Shamiel Stevenson. Yvan Ouedraogo is the only bonafide "5" man have. Stevenson has the weight and length where we use him at the 5 in some matchups as well.

If Roby returns, thats 30+ minutes per game filled in the front court.

A lot depends on whether Stevenson gets some kind of waiver. He thought about transferring when Capel was hired at Pitt. Was talked into staying, and then Capel only played him a handful of minutes in garbage time in the team's first several blowouts. Played a total of, like, 31 minutes in 4 games that season.  That shouldn't cost a kid a whole season of eligibility, but technically, he'd need a waiver. Fortunately, the NCAA seems to be more generous with those these days.

No inside info, but my guess is he won't have to sit an additional year to transfer from Nevada but sits until after December graduation for UN-L so that he's eligible when he would have been eligible if he'd stayed at Nevada.

Just now, LK1 said:

I've gotta think we land one more big.  That's all we need.  

Well, if there's another round of grad transfers as some seem to believe there will be, then I gotta think we have what a grad transfer big would be interested in finding.

They want immediate playing time and they want a team that otherwise has pieces in place to be successful.  And we can say we check off all the other boxes except for the position they would fill if they elected to fill it. So, yeah, you walk into a situation where we've got the other pieces to be successful; we just need you.