Next years starting lineup.

I dont mind playing this game. Even though itll change 100x before next season tips off.

STARTERS

Cam Mack 6'2 So G

Jervay Green 6'3 Jr G

Dachon Burke 6'4 Jr G

Isaiah Roby 6'8 Sr F

Jayce Johnson 7'0 Sr C

BENCH (In order)

Amir Harris 6'6 So G

Haanif Cheatham 6'5 Sr G

Matej Kavas 6'8 Sr G/F

Brady Heiman 6'11 So F

Thorir Thorbjarnarson 6'6 Jr G

Karrington Davis 6'6 RFr G

REDSHIRT

Dalano Blanton 6'8 So F

Akol Arop 6'6 Fr F

3 hours ago, khoock said:

I dont mind playing this game. Even though itll change 100x before next season tips off.

STARTERS

Cam Mack 6'2 So G

Jervay Green 6'3 Jr G

Dachon Burke 6'4 Jr G

Isaiah Roby 6'8 Sr F

Jayce Johnson 7'0 Sr C

BENCH (In order)

Amir Harris 6'6 So G

Haanif Cheatham 6'5 Sr G

Matej Kavas 6'8 Sr G/F

Brady Heiman 6'11 So F

Thorir Thorbjarnarson 6'6 Jr G

Karrington Davis 6'6 RFr G

REDSHIRT

Dalano Blanton 6'8 So F

Akol Arop 6'6 Fr F

OK, but how many minutes each? And scoring?

36 minutes ago, LK1 said:

Don’t think Kavas is coming here to come off the bench.  I’m guessing he starts at the 4, Johnson is offered the 5, and Cross gets a pitch that basically says big minutes at the 4-5 depending on matchups next season before starting at the 4 soph-sen years.  

Kavas made 16 starts and got 23 mpg at Seattle (WAC Conf). I think he would be okay coming off the bench and getting 20 mpg, with him making the switch to the B1G. 

4 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I think Arop contributes as a Frosh, & what about the Piatkowski kid, Redshirt? Looks like from here on out we’ll be Re-loading NOT Re-building! If we land Cross & a couple other Bigs, we won’t just be “sneaky good” we’ll be ready to lace em’ up & roll...

Makes me laugh at the "HOIBERG HATES RECRUITING" narrative. He may hate it, but it appears he is pretty freaking good at it. 

13 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Kavas made 16 starts and got 23 mpg at Seattle (WAC Conf). I think he would be okay coming off the bench and getting 20 mpg, with him making the switch to the B1G. 

Maybe, but his skillset is extremely good for Hoiberg’s vision.  6’8” and a 45% from 3 is going to see the court.  A lot.  He would be more valuable for Hoiberg than he would be for Miles, for example.  

4 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Five guys will start for Nebraska. I'm certain of that. ?

I'll go out on a limb and say those five guys will wear white uniforms or maybe red or might start the first game in black uniforms.

They should be able to run, jump, shoot and rebound some.  And they will play all the minutes of the game, or somebody else will come in and play.

Geeze Norm that was easy.

32 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I'll go out on a limb and say those five guys will wear white uniforms or maybe red or might start the first game in black uniforms.

They should be able to run, jump, shoot and rebound some.  And they will play all the minutes of the game, or somebody else will come in and play.

I think I can name at least 3 starters: Cam Mack, Jervay Green, and Dachon Burke. And, I'm still holding out hope for one Isaiah Roby, as well. Add a dude inside & that's a formidable lineup.

11 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I think you nailed it.

Personally, I will wait to submit my predictions until the carousel has stopped spinning and we have a better idea of who will be on the roster.  I'd also like to dig into everyone's tape a little more before I stick my foot in my mouth.  But at face value, it does seem like Mack and Green are locks.  Everyone seems to think Burke is too, but I personally haven't seen enough of his video to agree or disagree.

I'm getting antsy not knowing what the other guys (besides Cam) who visited this weekend are going to do. Maybe we can get this next-year's-starters thread rolling, even though (and I may have said this somewhere else) I think it's so wide open and unpredictable given that we have so many new guys coming in who put up really good numbers wherever they were before. Buncha quality players and perhaps not enough room in the starting lineup to fit them all.

Anyway, I think Cam Mack is definitely going to start at PG. Unless it's someone else.  And the 2-guard is probably going to be Jervay. Or, y'know, Dachon. But it could be Haanif.

The uncertainty is NOT a bad problem to have when it's because you have options of guys who've delivered wherever they were before.

I have a feeling that if we land Johnson, we'll go 1 big and 4 small - Mack, Green, Burke, Cheatham and Johnson (assuming Roby won't return). I see Harris and Kavas coming off the bench, but I guess I wouldn't put too much importance into who's starting and who's not. I think match-ups and who has the hot hand will dictate the lineup at any particular moment. Of the remaining question marks, I would love to see us land Ntambwe, Cross and Figueroa, but I get the feeling Ntambwe will opt to play pro if he gets favorable feedback during the pre-draft workouts. If we do land him and Figueroa, who plays for us next year will depend on NCAA waivers. I think landing Johnson would be huge because there are going to be games, especially in the Big 10, when we need a legit post defender and rim protector. Hoping that if we get Cross, he could be that type of player down the road. Very encouraged by what has transpired so far. 

Edited by Coaches kid