Illinios vs. Nebraska series Game Thread.

Bugeaters1

10 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Sorry.  I simply thought that the definition of the word talent needed to be clarified.  

Speaking of talent, many stated that Anderson decimated the program to the point Erstad had to rebuild for years. 

In year one under Erstad as a team we hit .315. Right now we are hitting .258.  Of course, we also had Will Bolt during this time who is a much better hitting coach than Erstad but that’s another story. 

Erstad was just another coach who came in and talked out of both sides. It was going to be “chaos on the basepaths”. Talks about how aggressive we will be. Unfortunately it’s been the exact opposite.   

I will say for all the hand wringing I've done the last few weeks, this season has went better than I expected.  We have a chance to win the conference and make a regional.  At the beginning of the season, I was hoping to make the Big 10 tournament.  Must sweep this weekend and win 1 against ASU and 2 against Michigan, we would be 29 - 19 overall, and 17 - 7 in conference.  Michigan has Maryland, Indiana, and us. Let's say they go 5 - 4.  That would put them 16 - 7.  Indiana has Illinois, Michigan, and Rutgers.  Finishing 5 - 4 is a real possibility.  16 - 8 would be their finish.  That would give us a conference title.  

I think the most disappointing thing has been the eggs laid against top tier conference teams.  Losing a series against them here and there is one thing.  Losing all three series and getting swept in one against our top 3 opponents so far is disappointing.  Especially after winning series against Baylor and beating Tech early.  Let's hope that we turn it on for the end of the year.  Baseball is pretty mental, so a solid hitting day could do wonders for us.

17 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I think the most disappointing thing has been the eggs laid against top tier conference teams.  Losing a series against them here and there is one thing.  Losing all three series and getting swept in one against our top 3 opponents so far is disappointing.  Especially after winning series against Baylor and beating Tech early.  Let's hope that we turn it on for the end of the year.  Baseball is pretty mental, so a solid hitting day could do wonders for us.

We have yet to be swept in a conf series. After reading the experts opinions on D1 baseball and Baseball America, we certainly have all our goals in front of us. Kendall Rogers says all we have to do is win 2 out of our last 3 series and we should be in. That being said there is some alarming trends that Erstad has to buck in order to pull this off. We need to win either the Michigan or ASU series, gonna take us playing better than we have since the Baylor series to pull that off. This team also can't go to Omaha and lay a fat egg. Win the NW series - Split the next ASU/UM series - Make a little noise in Omaha. This isn't too much to ask, hopefully we can pull it off. 

7 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

We have yet to be swept in a conf series. After reading the experts opinions on D1 baseball and Baseball America, we certainly have all our goals in front of us. Kendall Rogers says all we have to do is win 2 out of our last 3 series and we should be in. That being said there is some alarming trends that Erstad has to buck in order to pull this off. We need to win either the Michigan or ASU series, gonna take us playing better than we have since the Baylor series to pull that off. This team also can't go to Omaha and lay a fat egg. Win the NW series - Split the next ASU/UM series - Make a little noise in Omaha. This isn't too much to ask, hopefully we can pull it off. 

My bad.  For some reason I was thinking we got swept by the Hawks.... Maybe I was just remembering days 1 and 2...