Illinios vs. Nebraska series Game Thread.

Bugeaters1

This team is lacking serious confidence right now.  I know people on here say our talent is not good.  I disagree.   We have talent.  We need to play small ball even for one inning just to get something going.  Right now, Schwellenbach and Palinsky are the only two hitters actually hitting.

4 minutes ago, brfrad said:

This team is lacking serious confidence right now.  I know people on here say our talent is not good.  I disagree.   We have talent.  We need to play small ball even for one inning just to get something going.  Right now, Schwellenbach and Palinsky are the only two hitters actually hitting.

Yep not a talent issue, we just wait for runs to amount....you can not roll like this. We can bring up pitching but our pitching has been fine, we just cant put any pressure what so ever on the other team. 

1 minute ago, brfrad said:

In our last 10 games, Schwellenbach and Palinsky 21 - 81 (.259) with 4 HR's and 6 RBI's, 9 BB's, and 14 SO's.  The rest of the team is 43 - 251 (.171) with 2 HR's and 26 RBI's, 34 BB's and 74 SO's.  Tonight, the 2 are 2 - 4 with 2 BB's and 1 SO.  The rest of the team 0 - 15 with 4 BB's and 7 SO's.

It's beyond a problem at this point. I guess you either see it or you don't. Since Bolt has left we have not threatened to be a remotely dangerous hitting team. 

8 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I grew up watching friday nights of Shane Komine, Johnny Dorn, Aaron Marsden kick ass in the Big 12. Now I get to watch us shart our pants against Illinois. If people ever wonder why the current state of husker baseball pisses me off. 

Moving to the Big Ten makes it tough.

But, Erstad has done a pretty mediocre job with this program.  

2 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Moving to the Big Ten makes it tough.

But, Erstad has done a pretty mediocre job with this program.  

I guess what makes me just as mad is we fired Mike Anderson to prove we take baseball seriously, the man literally won a CWS game. Then hired someone whose highest level of coaching was being a volunteer asst for the very person we had just fired. We've been trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit ever since. 

33 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I guess what makes me just as mad is we fired Mike Anderson to prove we take baseball seriously, the man literally won a CWS game. Then hired someone whose highest level of coaching was being a volunteer asst for the very person we had just fired. We've been trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit ever since. 

I was onboard with Anderson getting fired. The program really took a downturn once Childress left. 

With that said, I also questioned the short sightedness of hiring Erstad. And unfortunately, 8 years later there are still more questions than answers. 

1 minute ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I was onboard with Anderson getting fired. The program really took a downturn once Childress left. 

With that said, I also questioned the short sightedness of hiring Erstad. And unfortunately, 8 years later there are still more questions than answers. 

Yep, it wasn't the firing of Anderson that raised questions. Just the fact that we didn't go get the best available coach to run our program. But 3 years removed from hosting a regional, you don't hire a guy literally on no other teams radar, simply because he had a good pro career and was an ex-husker. I mean if we were gonna go ex-husker at that point, Bolt had already been a JUCO head coach and actually proved he was a good coach. We hired a coach because he had a good pro career, and played football under the AD at the time.

3 hours ago, brfrad said:

Sorry, we do not have much offensive talent.