2019 PF Kevin Cross - LOI

khoock

Although I will add, he hashtagged #notcommited to both his TCU and OSU tweets... but he used #whatif on his NU tweet.

If there's anything you can rely on consistently, for predicting the future (or any other answers you need based on sound logic), it's an 18-yr-old's social media page.

54 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

would we take both??

I would say no. Both seem to be gambles/projects. Things to really like as well as some big question marks. You dont want two "projects" in the front court. Especially with how thin we are. Thats my take on it.

5 hours ago, khoock said:

I would say no. Both seem to be gambles/projects. Things to really like as well as some big question marks. You dont want two "projects" in the front court. Especially with how thin we are. Thats my take on it.

I think the French kid is a really intriguing prospect, especially if he has the chance to redshirt.  He just turned 17 in March, which means at the beginning of this year, he was still only 16 years old.  He's 6'8" now and could still be growing.  His muscle structure is that of a guy who can add some bulk. He's already very strong and could be a monster.  He shows good quickness.  Seems to understand the game.  Appears to have the platform to build a jumper off of.  I like his alpha male attitude on the floor.  I think he's one I'd take a chance on and give him a redshirt year to finish growing and build his skillset.

Meanwhile, Cross does some things you really like to see.  

If we had landed Jayce Johnson, then perhaps we'd say one or the other of Cross and Ouedraogo.  But with Jayce making other plans, we have the room to take both of these guys.

12 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

If we had landed Jayce Johnson, then perhaps we'd say one or the other of Cross and Ouedraogo.  But with Jayce making other plans, we have the room to take both of these guys.

If/when Roby decides to leave I think we can take a chance on both. Im just not sure how many scholarships the staff wants to tie up in incoming freshmen this late into the process.

4 scholarships and we will be okay taking both

3 scholarships and im gonna guess we take one or the other

Edited by khoock

From an Okie St message board on Cross: Cross has grade issues and may have to go JUCO.

This was the guy Okie St was pursuing with their last scholarship around Thursday morning.

That night he's ready to make his announcement (on Tuesday)

2 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

How’s this for a hopeful / wishful theory:  the fact he’s announcing on Tuesday suggests that any academic eligibility issues have been favorably resolved?

That could be  You don't see many signing conferences where the kid says "I will be taking my educational struggles to ____ Junior College"

Wildass-theory-based-on-an-18-yr-olds-social-media-page time again (why am I doing this to myself?)...

Ok so... 5 of the 6 LOI announcements on @HuskerHoops have a picture of the signee flexing (Kavas was doing the slav squat instead)...

flex.png

... and whenever KEVIN!! tweets about Husker Hoops (about the visit, in tweets to DonWill, etc)... guess which emoji he uses...

cross.png

... that's RIGHT. He uses the flex emoji ? . Put two and two together and you know what that means!! EXACTLY. Quadruple-secret verbal commitment.

I like Kevin's film. But his photos from his various visits to different schools shows a guy who needs to spend some quality time with a strength and conditioning coach. He has some baby fat that needs to come off his belly.  He needs to tighten up.  We have some beefy dudes on this roster now.  He needs to be one of them.

I am very curious to see what the Nebraska Basketball twitter account has to say about his ht/wt.  I'd also love to know his wingspan and vertical.  And I'd be really curious to see what happens when he and Yvan square off against each other.  Because I bet it would be epic.