2019 PF Kevin Cross - LOI

khoock

34 minutes ago, ShortDust said:

Let’s keep the music and get rid of the band.

Yes, I agree our band has been horrible.  Needs a complete upgrade.

I think we need a DJ.  The open space in the north concourse would be the perfect place to put one.

3 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

Pourquoi?

I'd like to know how big and tall he actually is.  If he's truly 6-8 and 240#, then some of the things he did in the highlight video were pretty impressive.

If he's just a big guard at 6-6, then less so. Fact he keeps taking visits tells me we're either out of the running or we didn't make a committable offer.

Edited to add: Plus, I thought we were getting Jayce Johnson.

Edited by Norm Peterson

22 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'd like to know how big and tall he actually is.  If he's truly 6-8 and 240#, then some of the things he did in the highlight video were pretty impressive.

If he's just a big guard at 6-6, then less so. Fact he keeps taking visits tells me we're either out of the running or we didn't make a committable offer.

Edited to add: Plus, I thought we were getting Jayce Johnson.

That’s where I am at.  Being a little bigger or a little smaller than the guy you are going against makes a pretty big difference.  At least it did for me.  He sure looks closer to 6’6” based on the pictures.

On 5/7/2019 at 2:01 PM, hhcmatt said:

Visiting TCU

WTF TCU? First Ntambwe, now KEVIN!!?

8 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Fact he keeps taking visits tells me we're either out of the running or we didn't make a committable offer.

We shouldn't expect EVERY recruit to commit on the spot. The run has been pretty good as of late, but don't let expectations become unrealistic. You may be right, he might not have a real offer, but I wouldn't write a guy off because he's fully exploring his options.

8 hours ago, busticket said:

Being a little bigger or a little smaller than the guy you are going against makes a pretty big difference.  He sure looks closer to 6’6” based on the pictures.

Agreed. And with him being 6'6", where does that put the guys he was on the court with (where he seemed larger and dominant)?

I'd still take him (we have 4 openings), but I wouldn't expect him to come in and contribute year 1.

Edited by Searching 4 Chester Surles

It is interesting TCU has popped up a couple of time in the recruiting trail.  I watched TCU a couple times last year and I like the type of athlete they stocked their roster with....long athletic guys that could shoot.  If they offered Kevin I consider that a good thing.

10 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

You seem..... cross

I understand the opportunity for puns needed to be seized... but I was not at all peeved, querulous, or even vexed. Instead, I fully believe, if we must correctly use Thorir (or Þórir Þorbjarnarson for those so inclined), we must also properly use this recruit's name... It is "KEVIN!!". And occasionally he must be reminded to "do it to em this time".

25 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

We'll find out if we made the cut here on this day.

Judging by the visit pictures (on Twitter), he had a much better time at TCU (than NU or OSU). I mean, c'mon...

D5-v-Sj-EWk-AIWx-HH-jpg-large.jpg