2019 PF Kevin Cross - LOI

khoock

50 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Going from his personal twitter feed I"m seeing only Southern Miss, Illinois and Okie St. Illinois just recently just filled their last schollie with a top 50 center.

If he does have an offer from Arkansas, it has to be from Mike Anderson

OWH mentioned in their article today  a recent offer from Arkansas

46 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

Part of the reason he may be overlooked is he plays in Arkansas 4A, which is their 3rd largest class. Still, he went to the state championship game. 

Also, his junior year stats were really underwhelming, where he only scored about 15 ppg, 7 rebounds, 1 1/2 assists, a steal and a block, on a meager 63% from the field and a shocking 30% from 3 point range in 17 minutes per game.  I mean, that's not even a point per minute played.  Why would any college coach go after a 6-8, 240# kid who can only hit 30% from beyond the arc, dribble behind his back fluidly ...

The more I read about this kid, the more baffled I am at his lack of offers.  This kid is big-time and we need to reel him in this weekend.

3 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I think he had a major injury that nobody seems to be talking about, or something legal.. He seemed to have missed this whole season.

Nope.  He played.  I posted a highlight vid showing senior-year highlights from multiple games.  He scored enough in one highlight vid for this season to equal a career for most high school players.

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

Also, his junior year stats were really underwhelming, where he only scored about 15 ppg, 7 rebounds, 1 1/2 assists, a steal and a block, on a meager 63% from the field and a shocking 30% from 3 point range in 17 minutes per game.  I mean, that's not even a point per minute played.  Why would any college coach go after a 6-8, 240# kid who can only hit 30% from beyond the arc, dribble behind his back fluidly ...

The more I read about this kid, the more baffled I am at his lack of offers.  This kid is big-time and we need to reel him in this weekend.

Ironically in the comments of this article, Oklahoma State fans have a drastically different opinion of him. "Bit slow"   "Slow release"   "not in love with this offer"   "can land a kid like this anytime we want" (LOL)   

On 4/26/2019 at 4:33 PM, millerhusker said:

He apparently grew 2 inches and gained 30+ pounds between his junior and senior seasons. His abilities are much more impressive for a 6'8" 240 lb man-child than a 6'6" 210 lb hybrid forward.

Looking at him standing next to Hoiberg, I'm inclined to believe he's closer to 6-6 than 6-8. And if he's 240#, then 20 of that 240 is biggie-sized fries and a shake.

But I'll take it.  His highlight video, you can't fake.  The kid has tools.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Looking at him standing next to Hoiberg, I'm inclined to believe he's closer to 6-6 than 6-8. And if he's 240#, then 20 of that 240 is biggie-sized fries and a shake.

The good old Joe McCray diet.

7 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

His knees are probably bent in an obtuse manner, costing him 2 inches on camera.