Cheatham is N

hskr4life

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/huskers-land-commitment-from-grad-transfer-cheatham

The 6-foot-5, 195-pound guard announced his commitment to NU via Twitter, choosing the Huskers over the likes of Arkansas, Cincinnati, Arizona, and Virginia Tech.

“Just the coaching staff and the people I’m going to be surrounded by every day; the resources that are here that are going to allow me to become a better player throughout the whole season,” Cheatham said of why he decided to make his commitment on Saturday.

“And then just playing for an amazing coach in Fred Hoiberg, a guy who knows what he’s doing. I’m looking forward to playing for a great fanbase, and I’m just excited about it all.”

13 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

All the Dominos are starting to fall, dare I say it but Hoiberg’s private workouts with Roby might sway the young man’s opinion about one more year of tutelage from the “Master.”

Is he having private workouts with Hoiberg? I thought I read someone say on here recently that he was working out on his own or something. I might be misremembering. Anyone know for sure?

4 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Is he having private workouts with Hoiberg? I thought I read someone say on here recently that he was working out on his own or something. I might be misremembering. Anyone know for sure?

Yeah Hoiberg took him through a few workouts of what to expect at the combine. 

He's working out in Chicago preparing for the draft now though

4 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/hoiberg-working-with-roby-to-prepare-nba-workout-process/article_b535d34a-0881-5b4d-b0c3-f3ece77c1196.html

The coach said he's put Roby through several individual workouts, with an emphasis on the two-on-two and three-on-three drills he'll see when he works out for certain teams. He also said Roby is taking advantage of the rule change that allows college players to hire an agent in an advisory role in the work-through process while retaining their college eligibility.

This Cheatham commit has the possibility to be very interesting. Is he a grad transfer that just wants a place to get up a ton of shots and have big numbers? It’s possible I guess. But the other possibility, and he kind of hinted at it in the article, is if Hoiberg has a few other guys that he feels VERY good about coming here. Most grad transfers want to win, and maybe Cheatham was told player X, Y, and Z are most likely coming here

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

I just read on twitter that Hoiberg has conducted personal training sessions to prep Isaiah for the NBA scout combine workouts.

On 4/20/2019 at 7:26 PM, Huskerpapa said:

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/hoiberg-working-with-roby-to-prepare-nba-workout-process/article_b535d34a-0881-5b4d-b0c3-f3ece77c1196.html

The coach said he's put Roby through several individual workouts, with an emphasis on the two-on-two and three-on-three drills he'll see when he works out for certain teams. He also said Roby is taking advantage of the rule change that allows college players to hire an agent in an advisory role in the work-through process while retaining their college eligibility.

Michael Lewis said he didnt think he would come back next year and no reason for him to fwiw.  

Edited by coughunter