Cheatham is N

hskr4life

10 hours ago, 75unlgrad said:

My guess is that there is good chance Roby will come back.

1.  He played 'out of position' in Tim Mile's offense and defense.

2.  To become a first round draft choice Roby would have to play another year at the stretch 4/big 3 positions and prove he belongs in the NBA.

3.  Roby is loyal to Tim Miles.  Emotionally, his first reaction was to support Miles and announce he may leave.  Time heals wounds.  Working with Hoiberg will start to build a new relationship.  

4.  Again, Roby knows he would be a 4 or 3 in the pros.  Roby knows it would help his draft stock if he stayed one more year and 'showed' what he can do as a 4 or 3.

5.  No inside information.  Just saying that once the emotion of Miles getting fired starts to wear off and the need to improve his draft position becomes his focus (right now best estimate in mid-second round) he might decide his best option is to return.  Playing in a pro-style offense at his natural position could make him a first round selection next year.

Kind of hard to work with the new coach when you're training in Chicago. (Or at least he was over the weekend.)

Roby becomes a year older if he stays...the NBA loves youth, although I think they should really start looking at letting the colleges develop guys for 4 years instead of a guy riding the bench for three years and then once he finally is ready to play, his rookie contract is over and you either overpay him or lose him.

Azubuike returning to KU for his senior season. His injury history and game make this an entirely different story from Mr. Roby, but I'm betting he would have projected as a slightly higher pick had he chosen the NBA route. So one never knows what influences these kid's decisions and what they will choose to do if not a first round pick.

Are we sure he's that good an NBA prospect in the first place? He can dunk and is a decent rebounder. Roby had better numbers than he did though. And he might be the worst free throw shooter I've ever seen. He's got the frame to be solid. Not sure he has the skill.

Edited by uneblinstu

3 hours ago, Ruck Me Funning said:

Kind of hard to work with the new coach when you're training in Chicago. (Or at least he was over the weekend.)

Also kind of hard to go to class in Lincoln as a student if you’re in Chicago 100% of the time. If he’s just not going to class anymore, wouldn’t that our APR?

1 minute ago, Vinny said:

Also kind of hard to go to class in Lincoln as a student if you’re in Chicago 100% of the time. If he’s just not going to class anymore, wouldn’t that our APR?

The internet makes that much less of a hurdle to overcome than it did a decade ago.

Edited by uneblinstu

12 hours ago, coughunter said:

Agreed.  He has nothing more to really prove that I feel will help him get drafted any higher than he already is projected.  The draft field is weak this year too.  He will be under the microscope more next year with more criticism.  Feel less than 10% he comes back.

While he very well may not come back, his shooting is something that he could really prove is worthy of being drafted higher than he is already projected.  

6 hours ago, ShortDust said:

I can vouch for this. Got my degree 99% online. It can be done rather easily now.

I understand, but only if you're planning on it at the beginning of the semester and register for classes that allow for that.  Kind of hard middle of the semester to just say "I'm doing this online now." 

On 4/23/2019 at 5:18 PM, Vinny said:

Back on topic though, still pretty excited to add another good piece to the puzzle like Cheatham! 

Haanif was outstanding as a freshman at Marquette. Can play either PG or SG and is an excellent defender. Didn't shoot as well as a Soph., but appeared to bounce back at the beginning of his Jr. year. He suddenly quit after five games and transferred for personal/family reasons to FGC, which is less than a 2 hour drive from his home in Pembroke Pines, Fl. If he is healthy, he should have an excellent Sr. season for the Huskers.