Keeping up with the offers/visits

23 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I know we've been steadily building with players of this caliber, and we just signed an amazing class, so this didn't come out of nowhere, but to have a trio of players like this in together for recruiting visits is mind-blowing. And to have it on the first available weekend after a recruiting pause of a year is equally mind-blowing. Regardless of why they're checking out Lincoln (i.e., visiting older brother), they still chose to stop here first.

Understanding we may not sign any of them, this is still crazy. I'll admit it - I never thought NU hoops could potentially recruit at this level. 

With NIL coming and with NU seemingly at the forefront of helping players with this, who knows how this may turn out? 

I need to read this forum more often. Normally I don't care about recruiting until they sign. But it's pretty wild the caliber of player they're getting into look. 

I remember enough of this during Tim's reign when we had the new digs, but it didn't result in a lot of actual signings. 

Let's hope the story keeps ending differently. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'm impressed with the offers and visits we have coming in this month. But I'd never seen this picture before. Not sure how it would hold up in the NBA. I suspect it would look very different. Still, something to maintain some perspective about.

85% of 5* basketball players make the NBA.  It's completely different in terms of accuracy.  

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 49r said:

Landing those three at Nebraska would be easily the best recruiting class we've ever had.

Hell, landing just one of them could still put us in that category.  Amazing how we have top 10 kids in the country considering us.  Hard not to be overly excited for the future of NU hoops.  

On 6/14/2021 at 11:21 AM, 49r said:

Landing those three at Nebraska would be easily the best recruiting class we've ever had.

I love that this staff is not afraid to swing for the fences.  Even better that the kids seems genuinely interested.  The first two years have been rough but the plan seems to be coming together.  Man I can’t wait for the season to start.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Had an unofficial from a guy we haven't offered yet

Seven offers, the best of which is Tulsa.  Unranked according to 247.  Kind of a head scratching visitor unless he's interested in being a preferred walk-on.  Is there a limit on the number of unofficial visitors each year, or is that for official visits?

16 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Seven offers, the best of which is Tulsa.  Unranked according to 247.  Kind of a head scratching visitor unless he's interested in being a preferred walk-on.  Is there a limit on the number of unofficial visitors each year, or is that for official visits?

I think you're free to do what you want with unofficials.

If you check his twitter feed he has other visits as well.  Like anyone else he's trying to increase his stock and apparently has the means/juice to do so in this manner.

40 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

He also just finished his sophomore year of high school and probably hasn’t been evaluated much yet. Kid can flat out shoot it. He’ll end up with plenty of offers, so it’s good to get in on him early. Roby wouldn’t have been a Husker if we hadn’t been one of his first major offers and had him committed early on. 

2 hours ago, millerhusker said:

He also just finished his sophomore year of high school and probably hasn’t been evaluated much yet. Kid can flat out shoot it. He’ll end up with plenty of offers, so it’s good to get in on him early. Roby wouldn’t have been a Husker if we hadn’t been one of his first major offers and had him committed early on. 

He has a lot of family in the Omaha/Lincoln area.  He requested the visit and Fred & company took the time to give him the grand tour.  I think it is awesome they did that for him.  And the kid obviously has some ability with his mid major offers.  You never know….he could end up being one of those kids who comes on strong and ends up being a P5 player.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...