Nebraska has now offered Nisine “Wooga” Poplar 
@PoplarNisine of
@MCSCSBASKETBALL

2021 6' 4" guard out of Philly. No stars yet but a 5 star for the all name team

Why do they call you Wooga?

giphy.gif

I don't know

On 6/14/2020 at 10:40 AM, Huskerpapa said:

Any idea how many offers we have extended over the next two or three recruiting cycles?  

It seems we have extended a large number; but that may be an illusion and simply a byproduct of increased use of social media. 

Has anyone built a list that can be pinned with the ability to cross out names and add names as information becomes available?

I feel as though I miss names if I get busy and stay away from the board a day or three. 

Looks as though we've busted out a bunch in the last few days.

I think Monday was the first day coaches could contact recruits since the end of the late signing period. (Don't quote me.) So, there might have been some pent up energy to make offers and they certainly didn't hold back.

One noteworthy thing: If my math is correct, we have 1 spot currently available for 2021 recruits. We've made about 7 new offers as of Monday to 2021 recruits. ALL OF THEM are high school kids. All of them. (So, Donovan Williams was ... mistaken?)

It seems pretty remarkable to me that we'll likely have no more than 2 total freshmen and sophomores on the team next year (not this one, but the next one after this year). The rest of the players will be juniors and seniors.

Which means we're just a couple of years away from another virtually complete roster overhaul.

With the era of no-sit transferring soon to be upon us, maybe that's no big deal. Maybe we're better off relying on free-agency rather than developing draft picks.

But it'll kinda change the vibe on senior night when, instead of looking back fondly on the video clips of a kid playing here as a freshman and then as a senior, looking at your roster and saying , "OK, now who is that guy?"

One noteworthy thing: If my math is correct, we have 1 spot currently available for 2021 recruits. We've made about 7 new offers as of Monday to 2021 recruits. ALL OF THEM are high school kids. All of them. (So, Donovan Williams was ... mistaken?)

It seems pretty remarkable to me that we'll likely have no more than 2 total freshmen and sophomores on the team next year (not this one, but the next one after this year). The rest of the players will be juniors and seniors.

Which means we're just a couple of years away from another virtually complete roster overhaul.

With the era of no-sit transferring soon to be upon us, maybe that's no big deal. Maybe we're better off relying on free-agency rather than developing draft picks.

But it'll kinda change the vibe on senior night when, instead of looking back fondly on the video clips of a kid playing here as a freshman and then as a senior, looking at your roster and saying , "OK, now who is that guy?"

I'm confused.  Are not the 7 new offers (and now 10 or 11) for 2022.  We should have ~6 openings.  Also I read that Trevor Lakes is now a Graduate transfer.  Is that true?  If so, that would be another opening in 2021.

1 hour ago, PointGuard said:

I'm confused.  Are not the 7 new offers (and now 10 or 11) for 2022.  We should have ~6 openings.  Also I read that Trevor Lakes is now a Graduate transfer.  Is that true?  If so, that would be another opening in 2021.

There were a bunch of 2021 offers also.

Had not heard that about Lakes. Hope it's true.

2 hours ago, PointGuard said:

Not seen or heard this, not saying it's not true as I am one of the least connected people here.  I thought Trevor said he wanted to come in and sit a year to acclimate to the D1 game.

2 hours ago, PointGuard said:

Also I read that Trevor Lakes is now a Graduate transfer.  Is that true?  If so, that would be another opening in 2021.

Where? The only scenario I can think of where he'd be able to play as a graduate transfer would be some weird scenario where his credits at Indy U plus summer classes at Nebraska would have him graduating in 3 years.  This seems highly unlikely.  We'd have to get him some sort of transfer waiver which who knows this year.

As far as 2021 goes, it's inevitable that we will have attrition.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have tagged every offer for 2022. 

https://huskerhoopscentral.com/tags/2022/

I know I can go beyond that for organizing but I'm not sure I can do so in a sustainable manner.

For example, this is me spinning up the very old recruiting database thing most people never knew about.

https://huskerhoopscentral.com/recruiting/nebrasketball-2022-23-recruits/

Basically it is a way to organize recruits more like a recruiting database while also tying in our commentary.  I just don't know how useful and/or necessary this is.

4 minutes ago, 49r said:

@hhcmatt I didn't even know that database existed until you pointed it out here.  Thank you, I really like the way that is laid out!

Is there a way to pin a link to the database in the subforum list?

There's all sorts of stuff I can do with it really.

I think my hangup has been that I've been thinking of this in terms of it being double work when in fact I think I might be able to somewhat avoid that. I still need to noodle on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, aphilso1 said:

Just want to bump this quote in light of all the recent Bryce McGowens news.  Makes me think that Fred might've known the FSU decommitment was coming before it was made official.

I mean...I think they've been working on this scheme for months now, honestly.  

Getting Trey as a transfer is, on it's face a pretty good deal alone.  But you have got to think they were probably thinking that getting his little brother has always been the end game here.  Let's hope the gambit is successful.

4 hours ago, 49r said:

I mean...I think they've been working on this scheme for months now, honestly.  

Getting Trey as a transfer is, on it's face a pretty good deal alone.  But you have got to think they were probably thinking that getting his little brother has always been the end game here.  Let's hope the gambit is successful.

Elijah is one of Bryce's best friends to boot.  It's a win win because Trey and Elijah are both good players but they are certainly playing the long game with Bryce as well.  

• 4 weeks later...