Keeping up with the offers/visits

28 minutes ago, 49r said:

Here's a highlight film.  I don't know a lot but I'm sure @Norm Peterson approves of this kids shooting form:

Yes!

Compact stroke and very repeatable. Not a lot of moving parts; gets it off quickly; spots up and catches in balance and gets the ball off quickly.

Not especially high release. More of a push from his forehead. But it's compact. It's machine-like precision and very repeatable.

Kid has game like Max Murrell except maybe moreso.

42 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Yes!

Compact stroke and very repeatable. Not a lot of moving parts; gets it off quickly; spots up and catches in balance and gets the ball off quickly.

Not especially high release. More of a push from his forehead. But it's compact. It's machine-like precision and very repeatable.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like his shooting form looks very similar to Keisei Tominaga's?

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like his shooting form looks very similar to Keisei Tominaga's?

Not in my opinion. They're similar. Neither has much wasted motion. But Keisei gets a little more jump into his jumper and he draws the ball back a little higher with a higher release point.

6 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Not in my opinion. They're similar. Neither has much wasted motion. But Keisei gets a little more jump into his jumper and he draws the ball back a little higher with a higher release point.

True, but he's also quite a bit shorter so it makes sense that he needs that extra elevation just to get his shot off, no?

I'm mostly talking about the compact motion and quick release that makes them look similar, that's all.

29 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

It seems like Fred's recruiting method uses the pot- of- spaghetti approach. Cook up a bunch of expensive pasta, throw it against the wall, and wait to see which strands stick.

I think this is the method used by most schools that aren't blue bloods.

30 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

It seems like Fred's recruiting method uses the pot- of- spaghetti approach. Cook up a bunch of expensive pasta, throw it against the wall, and wait to see which strands stick.

Feels like Hoiberg has types of guys that he's looking for and the recruiting philosophy in general is offer several guys who meet that criteria and 'are you in or do we go to the next guy?' That's sort of general though and certainly wasn't what happened with Sanogo who was recruited in more of the Tim Miles "you are the top/only guy on our list and we want you to know that' strategy.  You can certainly argue that casting such a wide net for high school students is helpful in the future when some of them will transfer.

56 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Robin Washut Retweeted
Andrew Slater
@Andrew__Slater

Nebraska has now offered Nisine “Wooga” Poplar 
@PoplarNisine of
@MCSCSBASKETBALL

2021 6' 4" guard out of Philly. No stars yet but a 5 star for the all name team

Poplars grow extremely fast.  He could easily be 7'0" by next year.

10 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Robin Washut Retweeted
Andrew Slater
@Andrew__Slater

@PoplarNisine of
@MCSCSBASKETBALL

Would not have guessed that a person with the given name "Nisine Poplar" would need a nickname. That written, "Wooga" just adds to the general awesomeness.

19 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Would not have guessed that a person with the given name "Nisine Poplar" would need a nickname. That written, "Wooga" just adds to the general awesomeness.

They call the rough at Wild Horse golf course in Gothenburg “wooga.”

Makes me want to hit the links. 

12 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Robin Washut Retweeted
Andrew Slater
@Andrew__Slater

@PoplarNisine of
@MCSCSBASKETBALL

Looks like rivals has him at 6’ 5” and as a 4 star, # 108. 

On 6/12/2020 at 9:01 AM, Norm Peterson said:

Yes!

(In regard to llver trey's)

That's 'cause most of the time he shooting with his legs.  In other words that's where he generates his impetus on his shot.  That's why it looks smooth and easy on release.  Using the big muscles for all the hard work.  

Edited by REDitus

Any idea how many offers we have extended over the next two or three recruiting cycles?  

It seems we have extended a large number; but that may be an illusion and simply a byproduct of increased use of social media. 

Has anyone built a list that can be pinned with the ability to cross out names and add names as information becomes available?

I feel as though I miss names if I get busy and stay away from the board a day or three. 

9 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Any idea how many offers we have extended over the next two or three recruiting cycles?  

It seems we have extended a large number; but that may be an illusion and simply a byproduct of increased use of social media. 

Has anyone built a list that can be pinned with the ability to cross out names and add names as information becomes available?

I feel as though I miss names if I get busy and stay away from the board a day or three. 

We apparently have 41 offers out, 1 junior college player (Elbert Ellis), 18 high school seniors, and 22 high school juniors.  The site that tracks all the offers is: https://verbalcommits.com/schools/nebraska

They did miss on Nebraska's offer to Eduardo Andre, so that site is not 100% perfect.