Keeping up with the offers/visits

34 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Yeah, we'll see. They still haven't recruited one, solitary high school star (Top 50-75)!

They have not even been here a year. Not sure what some of you expect, top 50 guys just do not show up magically on your campus. Give them some time please, your going to give yourself a stroke.

I am not sure we’ll ever be high schooler heavy in Fred’s recruiting.  Trying to quickly name off the top of my head  the top players from fred’s ISU days, Royce White, Deandre Kane and George’s Niang are the ones that come to mind. 2 of the 3 not high schoolers.  Until he shows something different here, that is kind of what I expect to see.

1 hour ago, busticket said:

I am not sure we’ll ever be high schooler heavy in Fred’s recruiting.  Trying to quickly name off the top of my head  the top players from fred’s ISU days, Royce White, Deandre Kane and George’s Niang are the ones that come to mind. 2 of the 3 not high schoolers.  Until he shows something different here, that is kind of what I expect to see.

Did he or McD recruit Melvim Ejim? Monte Morris is about the only other impact freshman in terms of playing time he recruited.

In terms of recruiting high school guys I think the important thing for HCFH is finding a guy that can be the foundation for what will be an ever evolving roster. In terms of players policing players not sure if we have that guy yet.

15 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Did he or McD recruit Melvim Ejim? Monte Morris is about the only other impact freshman in terms of playing time he recruited.

In terms of recruiting high school guys I think the important thing for HCFH is finding a guy that can be the foundation for what will be an ever evolving roster. In terms of players policing players not sure if we have that guy yet.

I think the correct answer is both.  TJ Otzelberger recruited him and I think he was a McDermott holdover.  Pretty sure Melvin’s first year was Fred’s first year.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Should two more defect (Arop, Mack?) I would like to see NU land Nolley and either McGowens or OSU PG Carton. That would follow Hoiberg model which is to have two high-impact sit-out transfers per season.

Then the following year they could land local hero, Sallis and PG Whitt.

Thoughts?

Whitt and Sallis would be amazing. Not sure about the rest of this recruiting class with all the uncertainty at the moment...

OWH transfer tracker has been updated to include JUCO 6'2 PG Malik Zachary. He has three years of eligibilty left and put up solidnstats in JUCO (8.5 pts, 3.9 reb, 5.6 asst).

I know I have seen him mentioned in the recruiting thread previously. Just wondering if anyone has heard of any recent contact or uptick in interest by the player/staff or is the OWH just late to the party?

1 hour ago, khoock said:

OWH transfer tracker has been updated to include JUCO 6'2 PG Malik Zachary. He has three years of eligibilty left and put up solidnstats in JUCO (8.5 pts, 3.9 reb, 5.6 asst).

I know I have seen him mentioned in the recruiting thread previously. Just wondering if anyone has heard of any recent contact or uptick in interest by the player/staff or is the OWH just late to the party?

I hope the last Kobe took this guys spot, we really need a knock down shooter if we can get one

29 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Hoiberg still needs a rebounder. I am really hoping they can land Sanogo. Then they need a couple of sit-out transfers: McGowens and who knows? Does anyone else know who they are chasing? I know we didn't make the cut w/ Nolley Jr. (he can pound sand too!)

Listening to an interview with Matt A, they seem to be pretty content with the upgrade in size and skillset that they have coming in from the sit-out guys and the recruiting class. He even specifically mentioned how if you look at the bottom five or six rebounding teams in the B1G, those arent necessarily the bottom five or six teams in the conference standings (i didnt fact check this stat). He also added that, with what they have as of right now for next season, they feel confident they will be competitive on the boards and even win a few rebounding battles. Take it FWIW.

18 hours ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

I am surprised Arop hasn't entered his name in the transfer pool. I like him personally but it seems odd Hoiberg hasn't moved on him. We shall see....

I have a feeling he gives him one more season as an instate kid and sitting at the end of the bench isn’t what he will want and leave then. Like MA says when they get to the one time transfer rule they will probably only use 11 scholarships because you can only play so many guys and many guys don’t want to sit and wait their turns. He’s basically just a practice body at this point to them. 

On 4/2/2020 at 5:40 PM, khoock said:

He even specifically mentioned how if you look at the bottom five or six rebounding teams in the B1G, those arent necessarily the bottom five or six teams in the conference standings

REBOUNDING MARGIN

G TEAM AVG. OPPONENT AVG. MARGIN
1. Illinois 31 1224 39.5 991 32.0 +7.5
2. Michigan State 31 1258 40.6 1027 33.1 +7.5
3. Rutgers 31 1245 40.2 1062 34.3 +5.9
4. Indiana 32 1210 37.8 1029 32.2 +5.7
5. Ohio State 31 1148 37.0 982 31.7 +5.4
6. Purdue 32 1175 36.7 1043 32.6 +4.1
7. Maryland 31 1188 38.3 1062 34.3 +4.1
8. Minnesota 31 1217 39.3 1121 36.2 +3.1
9. Iowa 31 1162 37.5 1095 35.3 +2.2
10. Penn State 31 1202 38.8 1169 37.7 +1.1
11. Michigan 31 1119 36.1 1092 35.2 +0.9
12. Wisconsin 31 1051 33.9 1070 34.5 -0.6
13. Northwestern 31 1045 33.7 1183 38.2 -4.5
14. Nebraska 32 1138 35.6 1446 45.2 -9.6

????

Here’s background:

Given name is Elbert, III...born on December 18...son of Tasha McArthur and Elbert Ellis, Jr., who was a multi-sport athlete (football, track) at the University of Pittsburgh and later played in the NFL for the Carolina Panthers and Green Bay Packers.

Edited by Swan88