Keeping up with the offers/visits

13 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

That certainly was not what I was expecting.  But we got one!

Looks to me like the type of guy that drives us crazy when he’s playing against us. Plays hard, plays smart and can flat out shoot the rock. Seems like every good team has one or two of those guys.

We get a lot of open kick out threes. Imagine Cary Cochran spotting up and waiting for passes from playmakers like Mack and Banton. 

Edited by millerhusker

5 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Looks to me like the type of guy that drives us crazy when he’s playing against us. Plays hard, plays smart and can flat out shoot the rock. Seems like every good team has one or two of those guys.

We get a lot of open kick out threes. Imagine Cary Cochran spotting up and waiting for passes from playmakers like Mack and Banton. 

Of course!  Not saying this is a bad thing, just saying that he wasn’t on the HHC radar I don’t think.  Seems unexpected to everyone except the coaching staff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to see Nebraska get a point guard for the 2020/2021 class.  I think Tominaga could maybe play point in a pinch but I think he would be better off the ball.   Green is an upperclassmen and I could see Mack going after his junior year so we could use a young point guard in the system.   Get a good point to to along with Banton.    To me that is my number 1 priority.

Also wouldn't mind getting a center in 2021.  A freshmen to step in when Walker is gone.    I think Cross is a 4.    

After that it's   Best available player.

Edited by REDitus

• 2 weeks later...

https://247sports.com/Player/Charles-OBannon-Jr-58848/high-school-102412/

Looking at his 247 page, he was a McDonald's All American and top 50 recruit. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4278533/charles-obannon-jr

Then you look at his stats and you want to gouge your eyes out. 

Obviously I don't trust Enfield at all. Looks like he took a medical redshirt also, but wondering what happened. 

• 1 month later...
In the last few days, #Nebrasketball has offered: 2020 JUCO PG Malik Zachery 2020 SG Zarique Nutter 2021 PG Ziare Wells

(A lot of Z's on the offer list)

Ziare Wells, a 6-6 guard who will graduate in 2021 but appears set for a post-grad year and will be a 2022 recruit. (from Chris Basnett)
Edited by Navin R. Johnson

Rivals. com has the top 10 center and "beast of the boards" Adama Sanogo as 100% for NU! They also have top point guard Carter Whitt as 100% NU. Coach Bennett of defending champions UVA calls Whitt the best passing guard in high school! 

Now if NU lands these two and then local hero, Sallis, then the misery of the last twelve decades will be over, indeed!

1 hour ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Rivals. com has the top 10 center and "beast of the boards" Adama Sanogo as 100% for NU! They also have top point guard Carter Whitt as 100% NU. Coach Bennett of defending champions UVA calls Whitt the best passing guard in high school! 

Now if NU lands these two and then local hero, Sallis, then the misery of the last twelve decades will be over, indeed!

I'm not getting too excited about this yet. I love Whitt and think he'd be a perfect fit for us next year (assuming he reclassified). Sonago I need to watch tape on.

Looks like the forecast was put in by washut. For what it's worth

Edited by thrasher31

15 hours ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

If this Sanogo thing works out I have a new play for Coach Hoiberg.  You have this guy go to that rectangular thing near the paint, have him stand there, and then you throw him the ball.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:
Well, we are certainly putting in the effort to find talent.

Stat of the night from #Nebrasketball assistant coach Matt Abdelmassih, who's on Sports Nightly tonight: He's flown 35,000 miles since January 1. #cruitin

Wow. That's amazing... averages out to be 625 miles of flight PER DAY!

• 2 weeks later...