Keeping up with the offers/visits

7 hours ago, millerhusker said:

I read somewhere that Boeheim thinks Clarke will end up being the best high school prospect in 10+ years

You sure that wasn't an AAU or HS coach? Otherwise, I don't think Boeheim would publicly comment on an unsigned recruit like that*.

*Unless I'm missing some sarcasm/joke... then never mind.

2 hours ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

You sure that wasn't an AAU or HS coach? Otherwise, I don't think Boeheim would publicly comment on an unsigned recruit like that*.

*Unless I'm missing some sarcasm/joke... then never mind.

Right, Boeheim can't comment on unsigned recruits. I just went searching for the article and couldn't find it. I believe he was asked a general question about kids jumping from high school to the NBA. Somewhere in his response he said something like, "There's a kid up here in New England that'll end up being one of the best recruits in the last decade." Whoever wrote the article assumed he was talking about Terrence Clarke. 

It's kind of like how Husker beat writers and reporters have said Chucky Hepburn has been #1 on Tim MIles' list the last couple years. In fact, Washut recently said on a podcast that Miles once told him, "If I ever get fired, make sure the next coach goes and gets Chucky."

Edited by millerhusker

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:24 PM, Norm Peterson said:

FYI: Moved the 2020 HS offers to a different thread so as to more easily keep track of players

2019 Offers/Visits:

HS:

Gary Harris, Jr., 6-6 SG from Los Angeles (Sienna)

Samari Curtis, 6-3 SG from Ohio

Kevin Cross, 6-8 PF from Arkansas

Yvan Ouedraogo, 6-7 PF from France

Kendall Lewis, 6-6 SF from Georgia (App St)

Jucos:

Cam Mack, 6-3 PG, Juco #2 recruit nationally

Tomas Woldetensae, 6-5 SG, #9 Juco recruit nationally (Virginia)

Andre Allen, 6-9 PF, #10 Juco recruit nationally (ASU)

Sit-out 4-year transfers:

Derrick "Where the Heck Did He Come From" Walker, 6-8 Jr. PF Tennessee

Shamiel Stevenson, 6-6 Jr. SF Pitt by way of Nevada

Dalano Banton, 6-8 So. SG WKy

Maurice Calloo, 6-9 So. PF Okie State

Joel Ntambwe, 6-9 Fr. PF UNLV (Texas Dreck)

Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua, 6-8 Fr. PF UNLV (Baylor)

Eric Williams, 6-5 So. SG from Duquesne (Oregon)

Immed Eligible 4-year transfers:

Haanif Cheatham, 6-6 SG from FGCU

Matej Kavas, 6-8 SG from Seattle U

Jayce Johnson, 7-0 C from U of Utah (Marquette)

Expressed Interest; Unconfirmed Offer/Visits:

Jucos

Atticus Taylor, 6-7 SF/PF, formerly committed to aTm (NC State)

Sit-out 4-year transfers:

Warren Washington, 6-11 C Oregon St (Nevada)

Jemarl Baker, 6-4 PG Kentucky (Didn't make the list)

LJ Figueroa, 6-6 SG St. John's (Staying at SJU)

Jahvon Quinerly, 6-1 PG Villanova (Alabama)

Teyvion Kirk, 6-4 So. SG Ohio (Colorado St)

Terry Nolan, 6-2 So. SG Geo. Wash. (Bradley)

Immed Eligible 4-year transfers:

Alihan Demir, 6-9 PF Drexel (Minnesota)

Dazon Ingram, 6-5 SG Alabama (UCF)

KJ Lawson, 6-8 G Kansas (Tulane)

Kerry Blackshear, 6-10 PF Va Tech (Florida)

Only one of our 2019 prospects remains uncommitted at this point. Where Maurice is headed I have no Calloo.

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I'd take this as an indication we don't have interest in Miles offers to Zaire Wade, Ty Berry, Tre Coleman, John Hugley and Bryce Hopkins

Nebraska made Hugley's Top 12 last week. Can't say that carries a lot of weight as far as Fred's interest, but John must still be somewhat interested. 1153454944042831873

https://twitter.com/thejohnhugley/status/1153454944042831873

Edited by Shawn Eichorst's Toupee
ETA the link

57 minutes ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

Nebraska made Hugley's Top 12 last week. Can't say that carries a lot of weight as far as Fred's interest, but John must still be somewhat interested. 1153454944042831873

https://twitter.com/thejohnhugley/status/1153454944042831873

If anything it's funny that Iowa did not make this list despite offering two months ago

14 hours ago, busticket said:

There was an article where he was killing it on I believe the AAU circuit and they listed him as 6’6” or 6’7”.  You never really know until they step foot on campus, though.

Spot on busticket.  LilCH was listed as 5'11 or 6'0 in the program for high school volleyball.  In reality she is about 5'8

16 hours ago, busticket said:

There was an article where he was killing it on I believe the AAU circuit and they listed him as 6’6” or 6’7”.  You never really know until they step foot on campus, though.

It is not uncommon for high school coaches to ask a kid how tall he is without measuring him and that is often the height that goes in the program. Of course a kid will add an inch or two or the coach might do the same. Sometimes when they are measured it is with their shoes on.

42 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

It is not uncommon for high school coaches to ask a kid how tall he is without measuring him and that is often the height that goes in the program. Of course a kid will add an inch or two or the coach might do the same. Sometimes when they are measured it is with their shoes on.

Or, in the case of @colhusker's daughter, they measured in heels.

3 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

My college coach measured us in our bare feet. That never made sense to me since I've never played a game of basketball in just my socks.

On 7/29/2019 at 5:01 PM, busticket said:

Sometimes they get shorter after they've been on campus.  In Danny Nee's first year, every single returner got shorter - Bill Jackman went from 6'9" to 6'8", Brian Carr went from 6'1" to 6'0", Bernard Day went from 6'5" to 6'4", Anthony Bailous went from 6'3" to 6'2", Keith Neubert went from 6'7" to 6'5", Joel Sealer went from 6'2" to 6'1", and Mike Martz went from 6'6" to 6'5".

Magically, though, the guys Danny recruited from junior college all grew an inch over the previous year.